Located at the foot of Yonge and Dundas square, the Bond Place Hotel boasts 285 guest rooms and 5 meeting spaces. In the heart of Toronto’s playground, guests can plot their next adventure from the bright and social lobby and submerse themselves in Toronto life from the Hotels’ convenient location. Our guests find comfort, service, convenience, and a unique atmosphere when they stay at the Bond Place Hotel.
The Bond Place Hotel is currently looking for a hard-working team player to fill the position of Accountant. The role is responsible for all aspects of the accounting function at the hotel including, but not limited to; accounts receivable, daily revenue reporting, cash deposits, accounts payable and payroll verification, internal controls and financial policy and procedure management. The Accountant plays an active role in the hotel’s leadership team and must live our company values in every interaction. The successful candidate is expected to be self-motivated, organized, accurate, efficient, analytical, and able to multi-task and meet stringent deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the General Manager, the Accountant is responsible for:
- Ensuring that the Accounting department operates efficiently and effectively to meet hotel requirements including collaborating with the Night Audit team to ensure accurate reporting.
- Ensuring guests have the best possible experience by troubleshooting and resolving all billing-related disputes in a timely manner
- Manage Accounts Receivable, ensuring strong controls, efficient collection, clear analysis of account reconciliation and appropriate reporting as required.
- Manage the Accounts Payables process, including the catching of weekly invoices and upon GM’s approval submitting to Head Office.
- Overseeing the payroll process ensuring accuracy and timeliness, providing payroll guidance to operational leaders as necessary.
- Pre-authorizing credit cards prior to functions and verifying all event charges and ensuring all functions are charged for the day.
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations and manage general ledger reconciliations.
- Reviewing of the Night Audit package, verifying no-show charges, movies, parking, laundry, internet and group baggage, daily adjustments, etc.
- Actively participate in F&B inventory, guest supply inventory and linen inventory.
- Maintenance and auditing of petty cash float and all floats, monthly.
- Completing the month end process including journal entries.
- Recommend and maintain a system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over Finance Department activities.
- Other duties assigned by the General Manager/Accounting/Home Office Team when required.
In addition to the core job requirements, skill sets and work-related experience; the ideal candidate will illustrate the ability and drive to:
- Drive the corporate culture, personifying it in daily interactions with both guests and team members.
- Be an engaging leader who is highly inclusive, inspiring and able to relate to all levels.
- Create a fun and supportive working environment where team members aspire to do what is right and are given the empowerment to execute.
- Accounting skills and knowledge acquired through business college, (diploma in accounting) and through enrollment in an accounting program (i.e. CGA, CPA or CMA) are considered an asset.
- Minimum of two years demonstrated hospitality experience, with a background that includes forecasting and budgeting.
- Friendly and cooperative disposition and easily able to work cooperatively with team members.
- Strong administrative, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Exceptional analytical skills to prepare reports and to solve routine accounting problems.
- Strong Computer skills – knowledge of ACCPAC, Maestro, Delphi and Excel a definite asset.\
About Silver Hotel Group
Silver Hotel Group (SHG) is a family-owned Canadian hotel investment, development, and management company. Our portfolio includes hotels in Canada and the U.S., and ranges from internationally branded full and select service hotels to independent and boutique hotels.
At SHG, our culture is fundamental to our success. Each empowered team member strives to exhibit passion, creativity, and fun every day. Together, we are dedicated to delivering exceptional experiences by living our core values as our road map: Accountability, Teamwork, Leadership, Diversity, Integrity, Giving, Fun, Recognition.
As we continue to grow, our mantra “You Matter” resonates with our 600+ team members in how we do business, which will continue to enhance engagement and retention.
Today, we look for new team members who demonstrate both aptitude and the passion to embrace and contribute to our Culture.
Help us build something exceptional!
The Silver Hotel Group believes in outstanding hospitality and takes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We are committed to respecting the independence and dignity of all persons by providing a barrier-free environment for all guests, colleagues, and job applicants. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources at 416-860-5157.
The Silver Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status or any other characteristics protected by law.