Location: 151 Bass Pro Mills Dr., Vaughan, ON L4K 0E6
The Aloft Vaughan Mills is currently recruiting for a Housekeeping Manager! The primary responsibility of the Housekeeping Manager is to oversee and manage the day-to-day work of the third party Housekeeping team members. The Housekeeping Manager will work closely with the General Manager and Corporate Director of Operations to determine the strategic direction of the Housekeeping department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the General Manager, the Housekeeping Manager will:
- Oversee the day-to-day leadership of the Housekeeping department, which includes providing leadership to the Housekeeping team members and ensuring the overall cleanliness and appearance of the Hotel meets the brand standards and contributes to achieving our vision of creating exceptional experiences;
- Assigns daily tasks to ensure a proper inventory of guest rooms is maintained, meeting the brand standards in terms of cleanliness and overall maintenance;
- Coordinates the preventative maintenance schedule of rooms and public areas with the Maintenance department;
- Manage and monitor department productivity in accordance with the budget;
- Maintain the lost & found process ensuring proper accounting for and returning of guest items;
- Responsible for ensuring the purchasing of all required items for Housekeeping is taken care of and that costs are managed accordingly;
- Identify and resolve all guest concerns/complaints to ensure the brand promise delivered; coach and empower team members to do the same;
- Drive a culture of performance and high engagement through recognition, training and coaching;
- Develop, train, communicate and reinforce the service vision and standards to team members and coach them in supporting the successful execution of the vision;
- Consistently display exceptional leadership by providing a positive work environment, counselling team members as appropriate and demonstrating a dedicated an professional approach to managing a team;
- Develop, cost and implement menus, training programs and SOP’s for the Kitchen team;
- Demonstrate a high level of commitment to processes that allow team members to provide service that is aligned with our vision of creating exceptional experiences;
- Perform other duties as assigned including assisting team member with their roles during peak periods;
- Liaise with all supporting departments to ensure a seamless experience for our guests, ensuring our vision of passionate people creating exceptional experiences is at the forefront of every interaction;
- Initiate new procedures to increase efficiency of labour and safe chemical and equipment use;
- May serve as “manager on duty” as required;
- Perform other duties as reasonably assigned by the General Manager.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift;
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs;
- Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting;
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps.
In addition, the ideal candidate will illustrate the ability and drive to:
- Live the corporate culture, personifying it in daily interactions with both guests and team members;
- Be an engaging team member who is highly inclusive, inspiring and able to relate to all levels;
- Participate in a fun and supportive working environment where team members aspire to do what is right and are given the empowerment to execute.
- 3-4 years previous managerial experience in Housekeeping in a Hotel or related industry;
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Hospitality, Tourism or Business Management is a strong asset;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential;
- Excellent organizational, technical, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Able to think clearly in pressure situations, exercise good judgement and focus attention on details;
- Is able to endure an abundance of physical movements in the performance of job duties;
- Computer literate in Word and Excel. Property Management Systems experience is an asset;
- Highly interpersonal; comfortable engaging with all guests, visitors, vendors and team members;
- Experience in the financial management for a housekeeping department is an asset;
- Is recognized as a strong leader who can develop the skills of others;
- Results oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well in a busy and demanding environment;
- Positive attitude is a must!
- Must be available to work flexible shifts which may include but not limited to days, evenings, overnights, weekends and holidays as required by management.
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada. Please note that the hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
About Aloft Vaughan Mills:
The Aloft Vaughan Mills is a star all on its own! Our trendy hotel offers excitement inside and out. It is just a couple of steps away from Vaughan Mills Shopping Centre, a unique and dynamic mega-mall with upscale restaurants and specialty shops, Canada’s Wonderland; and the great outdoors.
At Aloft, stylish décor blends with modern comfort to make all rooms cozy, featuring the signature Aloft ultra-comfortable bed, an oversized spa shower, custom amenities by Bliss® Spa, and complimentary wireless Internet access. In addition with a convenient access to hot attractions, Aloft Vaughan Mills offers the Re:fuel self-serve gourmet pantry, W XYZ bar and Re:mix lounge to relax or play.
Silver Hotel Group (SHG) is a family-owned Canadian hotel investment, development, and management company. Our portfolio includes hotels in Canada and the U.S., and ranges from internationally branded full and select service hotels to independent and boutique hotels.
At SHG, our culture is fundamental to our success. Each empowered team member strives to exhibit passion, creativity, and fun every day. Together, we are dedicated to delivering exceptional experiences by living our core values as our road map: Accountability, Teamwork, Leadership, Diversity, Integrity, Giving, Fun, Recognition.
As we continue to grow, our mantra “You Matter” resonates with our 600+ team members in how we do business, which will continue to enhance engagement and retention.
Today, we look for new team members who demonstrate both aptitude and the passion to embrace and contribute to our Culture.
Help us build something exceptional! Successful candidates will be invited to a virtual interview!
The Silver Hotel Group believes in outstanding hospitality and takes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We are committed to respecting the independence and dignity of all persons by providing a barrier-free environment for all guests, colleagues, and job applicants. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources at 416-886-1706.
The Silver Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status or any other characteristics protected by law.