Coming off our successful grand opening year, we’re looking to expand our much loved “friend in the city, friend in the know” vibe even further by joining forces with an exceptional Program Manager (that’d be you). You bring killer ideas, a unique perspective and a knack for getting it all done with wild success as your only result. In fact, you’re already plotting and planning a calendar of events that furthers our goal of being the local hot spot to gather, learn, share and explore.
Well before The Anndore House was introduced as one of Toronto’s primo gathering hot spots, it was home to eccentric personalities and local celebs. Since relaunching our House, we’ve managed to fuse our quirky past with modern style. Those looking to exercise their creative animal need look no further, as The Anndore House willingly looks to share our passion for art and culture to kindred spirits. Our goal, with your help, is to provide a place where guests can hang with locals and immerse themselves in the neighborhood with vibrant, welcoming public spaces.
HOW TO APPLY…
Before submitting your resumé, google us, get our vibe, see what’s in the hood like the park beside us… Use what you discover to quick-pitch 5 activation ideas for the House calendar with 2 bullet points for each:
- a) a one-sentence description
- b) the reason you think it’d be successful
This role will be based at The Anndore House – reporting to our groovy Hotel General Manager. Our new Programming Manager will imaginatively create, plan and execute all aspects of Special Events and build an engaging calendar of truly unique experiences. Working alongside our incredible Hotel and Constantine F&B teams, local creatives, business friends, and beloved neighbors – building upon our vision to create exceptional, gotta be there events within our multi-dimensional space.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR…
- A strategic thinker who has a strong track record in building brands and delivering business results
- Experience and understanding of working on lifestyle brands rooted in culture and community
- Experience in creating and pulling off strong cultural event programs that go beyond brand marketing activations and across industries such as art, fashion, music, tech, wellness and the like
- Ability to work across the entire marketing mix (brand, digital, social, PR) with a strong understanding of the creative process, digital marketing and experiential experiences
- A personal network of strong contacts within a variety of industries for future partnerships for The Anndore House
- Ability to build client relationships and work closely with local/regional partners, event planners, etc. to establish The Anndore House as a sought-after destination to host events
- A conceptual, out-of-the-box thinker who inspires others; we’re up for doing things differently and open to trying everything once
- Someone who’s not precious; we all leave our egos at the door and help get ‘er done
- Someone who wants to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way. Also a self-starter who’s happy to work in a buzzy environment with no fixed desk
- Creativity and Networking: This role requires telling hyper-local stories about the neighborhood and the hotel, thinking big and being ambitious when conceiving the annual events calendar. They will also be responsible for suggesting new formats (including digital) and collaborating with the team on themes and big installations for events like TIFF, Pride, Caribana, Halloween, Christmas or New Year’s Eve
- Communication and Collaboration; The candidate should be a passionate individual who’ll inspire guests, creatives and all hotel teams when meeting to create and implement events. Sharing contacts and ideas while problem-solving with others will be crucial
- Research Skills: This job involves staying abreast of activations, talent and trends so the calendar is capturing the current cultural zeitgeist. This person also needs to ensure that all events programmed are innovative, engaging and memorable
- Organization Skills: The House Programming Manager needs to create systems to track the booking and planning of events so that deadlines and budgets are always met. They must work closely with the General Manager(s) to ensure events deliver on business goals
- Flexibility: Long hours, regular event coverage, getting hands dirty and moving furniture are all part of the job. As is the ability to be nimble, as last-minute pop-up events are often programmed to support business goals
- Writing and Editing Skills: This person writes copy for everything they’ve curated and must be able to tell an event’s story in a compelling way. This requires a keen marketing eye as well as a passion for creative advertising and communications
- Additional: 2+ years of event programming or event production experience. Hospitality, magazine journalism or music industry experience a +
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU…
- The opportunity to join our outstanding team at one of Toronto’s most exciting hotels
- The opportunity to grow with the company and be part of a team who’re passionate about everything they do
- Working for an innovative organization, committed to not just building new hotels but building a brand
- The opportunity to challenge the norm and work in an environment that’s creative, rewarding and, most of all, fun
The Silver Hotel Group believes in outstanding hospitality and takes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We are committed to respecting the independence and dignity of all persons by providing a barrier-free environment for all guests, colleagues, and job applicants. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources representative at 416-860-5157. The Silver Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status or any other characteristics protected by law.