Silver Hotel Group (SHG) is a family-owned Canadian hotel investment, development, and management company. Our portfolio includes hotels in Canada and the U.S., and ranges from internationally branded full and select service hotels to independent and boutique hotels.
At SHG, our culture is fundamental to our success. Each empowered team member strives to exhibit passion, creativity, and fun every day. Together, we are dedicated to delivering exceptional experiences by living our core values as our road map: Accountability, Teamwork, Leadership, Diversity, Integrity, Giving, Fun, Recognition.
As we continue to grow, our mantra “You Matter” resonates with our 600+ team members in how we do business, which will continue to enhance engagement and retention.
Today, we look for new team members who demonstrate both aptitude and the passion to embrace and contribute to our Culture.
Help us build something exceptional!
Radisson Admiral Hotel Toronto-Harbourfront
The Radisson Admiral Hotel Toronto-Harbourfront is currently recruiting for an experienced Full Time Food and Beverage Assistant Manager to take its F&B operations to a whole new level, where dining becomes an experience! The ideal candidate will take a hands-on approach to mentoring, training, directing and organizing the Food and Beverage Department, including the Restaurant & Lounge, Room Service & Banqueting. If you have an appetite for delivering outstanding service and creating “WOW” experiences, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity!
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Food and Beverage Manager, this position will:
- Monitor and mentor busy meal periods
- Be a leader on floor and make sure each guest gets exceptional service at all the time
- Ensure opening and closing duties are done along with checklist and pre shifts are conducted daily
- Has knowledge of Silverware & Delphi – certainly an asset
- Help servers when its busy to expedite Food & Beverage
- Follow company brand standards at all the time
- Ensure serving team is ready for a good start
- Interact with guest and understand their needs
- Suggest selling, marketing and branding
- Support the team, be a good listener!
- Create great relationships between the serving team
- Be visible to guests on the floor and ensure smooth operation
- Get the job done on time!
- Coach & Train the team as and when needed to ensure exceptional service is provided at all times
In addition to the core job requirements, skill sets and work-related experience; the ideal candidate will illustrate the ability and drive to:
- Drive the corporate culture, personifying it in daily interactions with both guests and team members.
- Be an engaging leader who is highly inclusive, inspiring and able to relate to all levels.
- Create a fun and supportive working environment where team members aspire to do what is right and are given the empowerment to execute.
- Post-secondary Food and Beverage/Hospitality preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with food and beverage cost controls, out of the box thinker with an eye for detail!
- Experience in a unionized environment preferred;
- 3-5 years’ experience of preferably within a full-service hotel environment;
- Hands-on approach to training and a leadership style committed to developing and motivating the team.
- Strong communication and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure;
- Ability to achieve deadlines while focusing on departmental/hotel fiscal results;
- Proficient in EXCEL, Microsoft Word/Office/Outlook;
- Ensuring labor is controlled at all times.
- Ability to work cohesively with all team members in all departments.
- Able to run the floor and give directions to team members.
- Flexible availability, able to work various shifts, weekends (Must) & holidays!
- Hotel Banquet experience is must, with a passion for Restaurants & Bars.
- Restaurant management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Serving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Smart Serve (Required)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.