65 Dundas Street East
The Bond Place Hotel is ideally located in the heart of downtown Toronto at Yonge and Dundas Square. The Hotel is across the street from the Eaton Centre and steps away from the Toronto Theatre District, including the Canon Theatre, Massey Hall, Elgin/Winter Garden Theatre, The Panasonic Theatre, and other local area attractions. It’s a great beginning for any adventure in the heart of Toronto. This hotel offers 285 guest rooms featuring plush new beds with duvet bedding, modern white spa bathrooms and individual climate control. From business functions to weddings and social affairs, we have five meeting spaces with full AV integration and in-house catering that can accommodate up to 200 guests.
The hotel is currently recruiting for a Banquet Coordinator. The Banquet Coordinator’s primary responsibility includes the supervision of the banquet staff and the coordination of all food and beverage services within the banquet department. They are responsible for training the banquet team and oversee the enforcement of hotel standards on setting up the banquet rooms, up keeping, service, break away, event courses, cleaning, staff grooming and hygiene.
The candidate should maintain and develop the highest level of guest relations. Manage all guest requests, complaints and queries and ensure that all aspects are communicated to the respective departments (Sales, Front Desk etc.)
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the General Manager, the Banquet Coordinator:
- Meets and greets guests in a friendly and warm manner;
- Coordinates with the event host on all aspects of the banquet function;
- Performs planning and organization functions for the banqueting department like maintaining the banquet logbook, maintaining and updating function sheets / BEO;
- Checks banquet rooms, service, and kitchen areas for cleanliness, proper set up, and make sure enough supplies and equipment are available for the function;
- Oversees all aspects of assigned banquet function activities, ensuring that food counters are properly set and ready for execution at the appointed time;
- Has the ability to respond quickly and accurately to guest requests;
- Has the ability to obtain any government required licenses or certification for example liquor licenses etc.;
- Displays good customer relation skills and take initiative to greet guests in a friendly manner;
- Plans the event course and orchestrates its completion in a timely, quiet and courteous manner;
- Observes guests to fulfill any additional requests, to perceive when next course should begin, or when meal is completed;
- Adheres to all banquet standard process and hotel standard policies and procedures.
- Supervises and trains staff in the set up and break down of assigned banquet rooms according to contract and managers instructions;
- Supervises and trains staff in the service of food and beverages according to standards;
- Discuss any last-minute changes with the banquet team;
- Ensures all guest requirements are set and ready 30 minutes before event start time;
- Coordinates function details with banquet, conference planning, and front office, if applicable;
- Maintains constant contact with the food service provider, to ensure conclusion between food production and food service;
- Monitors banquet personnel in the performance of their duties;
- Assists in conducting pre-shift and pre-function meetings;
- Actively participates in set up of banquet rooms and service of food and beverage to guests;
- Communicates frequently with function hosts in order to ensure that their needs are being met;
- Ensures all guest checks are billed and signed by the host according to planned arrangements;
- Ensures accurate daily sales reconciliation and postings are completed and provided to the Front office;
- Display awareness and compliance with hotels security, safety, emergency and energy procedures;
- Ensure high grooming and hygiene standards are met by all banquet staff;
- Monitors the profitability of functions to ensure quality and portion control while minimizing waste and broken or lost supplies;
- Maintenance, repair, and cleaning schedules for all banquet equipment and facilities;
- Guide, direct, and motivate banquet staff including setting performance standards and monitoring performance;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
In addition to the core job requirements, skill sets and work-related experience; the Banquet Coordinator will illustrate the ability and passion to:
- Live the corporate culture, personifying it in daily interactions with both guests and team members;
- Be an engaging team member who is highly inclusive, inspiring, and able to relate to all levels;
- Participate in a fun and supportive working environment where team members aspire to do what is right and are given the empowerment to execute.
- Diploma or Degree in Hotel Management;
- Three or more year’s experience in a high volume, up scale hotel
- Computer Basics and previous experience in working with Point of sales software and Banqueting software;
- Exceptional knowledge and understanding of various banquet and food service techniques and standards;
- Use judgement and reasoning to cope with emergencies such as sudden illness, accident, or interrupted service;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Frequent walking with some standing at times, possibly extended distances;
- Ability to bend and climb stairs when necessary;
- Frequently lift and/or carry up to 25 lbs;
- Occasionally lift and/or carry up to 50 lbs;
- Ability to reach with hands and arms in any direction and kneel and stoop repeatedly.
About Silver Hotel Group:
Silver Hotel Group (SHG) is a family-owned Canadian hotel investment, development, and management company. Our portfolio includes hotels in Canada and the U.S., and ranges from internationally branded full and select service hotels to independent and boutique hotels.
At SHG, our culture is fundamental to our success. Each empowered team member strives to exhibit passion, creativity, and fun every day. Together, we are dedicated to delivering exceptional experiences by living our core values as our road map: Accountability, Teamwork, Leadership, Diversity, Integrity, Giving, Fun, Recognition.
As we continue to grow, our mantra “You Matter” resonates with our 600+ team members in how we do business, which will continue to enhance engagement and retention.
Today, we look for new team members who demonstrate both aptitude and the passion to embrace and contribute to our Culture. Help us build something exceptional!
The Silver Hotel Group believes in outstanding hospitality and takes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We are committed to respecting the independence and dignity of all persons by providing a barrier-free environment for all guests, colleagues, and job applicants. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources at 416-860-5157.
The Silver Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status or any other characteristics protected by law