Radisson Admiral Toronto-Harbourfront (soon to be Radisson Blu Toronto)
249 Queens Quay West
Radisson Admiral Toronto-Harbourfront is presently being converted to that first Radisson Blu of Canada. Join a team of highly engaged F&B managers who are presently revamping its entire operation with new banquet menus, equipment, service and uniforms. Be part of a team that thrive for innovation and service.
The Radisson Admiral Toronto-Harbourfront – soon to be Radisson Blu Toronto is currently recruiting for Catering Sales Manager.
We are currently recruiting for a Catering Sales Manager, responsible for Radisson Admiral Toronto-Harbourfront soon to be Radisson Blu Toronto, who will achieve success in increasing business levels with existing accounts, prospecting and securing new business, with a focus on local market. The ideal candidate has good catering sales and event planning experience in the hospitality industry and is looking for an opportunity to develop and flourish in these fresh, fast-paced, hotel environments.
As a Catering Sales Manager, you will work closely with the hotel teams to deliver exceptional guest service and strong financial results. You will participate in the re-positioning F&B efforts within the hotel.
- You have charisma and a “can do” attitude that engages people to want to do business with us.
- You have attention to detail and are self-motivated.
- You’re open to new thoughts and ideas and enjoy working with people.
- You bring a new perspective and out-of-the box” ideas to the position.
If you are a sales superstar with strong ability to create exceptional events and believe that your background and proven skill sets are right for this opportunity, we invite you to review the position description below, and challenge you to respond to this exciting opportunity!
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the General Manager, the Catering Sales Manager will:
- Aggressively solicit new business to meet/exceed revenue goals through proactive selling, which includes researching, networking, targeted sales calls and solicitation and utilizing all sales support resources;
- Work in coordination with Cluster Sales and F&B team to ensure effective prospecting of the local market for corporate & association meetings, fundraising and social events, weddings etc.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with existing and potential clients;
- Respond to all RFP and proposals in a timely manner;
- Maintain accurate records of potential customers and follow through on all leads;
- Conduct Hotel tours and entertain qualified potential clients, attend trade shows, community events and industry meetings to maximize the generation of hotel F&B revenues;
- Contribute in the development of annual & monthly catering sales strategies;
- Develop, design and sell creative catered events to maximize revenues.
- Responsible to detail all catering events and communicating all information to hotel teams;
- Maintain professional relationships within the industry. Understand the hotels’ competitive sets and how to sell effectively against them;
- Knowledge of social media such as face book, twitter, LinkedIn and how to use them as a selling tool;
- Perform other tasks or projects as determined.
In addition to the core job requirements, skill sets and work-related experience; the ideal candidate will illustrate the ability and drive to:
- Drive the corporate culture, personifying it in daily interactions with both guests and team members;
- Be an engaging leader who is highly inclusive, inspiring and able to relate to all levels;
- Create a fun and supportive working environment where team members aspire to do what is right and are given
the empowerment to execute.
- A minimum 3 years of sales experience, preferably within a hotel environment;
- A proven track record in cultivating business relationships and strong prospecting skills;
- Strong negotiations skills, decision-making, organizational and time management skills;
- Strong hospitality and customer service background;
- Excellent computer, written, verbal and presentation skills;
- Proactive sales approach, assertive, fast-paced, and driven to succeed;
- May be required to work evenings and weekends;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Word, Excel and PowerPoint is essential;
- High degree of professionalism and dedication.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Silver Hotel Group (SHG) is a family-owned Canadian hotel investment, development, and management company. Our portfolio includes hotels in Canada and the U.S., and ranges from internationally branded full and select service hotels to independent and boutique hotels.
At SHG, our culture is fundamental to our success. Each empowered team member strives to exhibit passion, creativity, and fun every day. Together, we are dedicated to delivering exceptional experiences by living our core values as our road map: Accountability, Teamwork, Leadership, Diversity, Integrity, Giving, Fun, Recognition.
As we continue to grow, our mantra “You Matter” resonates with our 600+ team members in how we do business, which will continue to enhance engagement and retention.
Today, we look for new team members who demonstrate both aptitude and the passion to embrace and contribute to our Culture.
Help us build something exceptional!
The Silver Hotel Group believes in outstanding hospitality and takes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We are committed to respecting the independence and dignity of all persons by providing a barrier-free environment for all guests, colleagues, and job applicants. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Farah Jamil, Regional Human Resources manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Silver Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status or any other characteristics protected by law.