Radisson Admiral Hotel Toronto-Harbourfront
249 Queens Quay West
Silver Hotel Group (SHG) is a family-owned Canadian hotel investment, development, and management company. Our portfolio includes hotels in Canada and the U.S., and ranges from internationally branded full and select service hotels to independent and boutique hotels.
At SHG, our culture is fundamental to our success. Each empowered team member strives to exhibit passion, creativity, and fun every day. Together, we are dedicated to delivering exceptional experiences by living our core values as our road map: Accountability, Teamwork, Leadership, Diversity, Integrity, Giving, Fun, Recognition.
As we continue to grow, our mantra “You Matter” resonates with our 600+ team members in how we do business, which will continue to enhance engagement and retention.
Today, we look for new team members who demonstrate both aptitude and the passion to embrace and contribute to our Culture.
Help us build something exceptional!
Our full-service, 157-room Radisson Admiral Hotel, located on Toronto’s magnificent waterfront is currently recruiting for a Chief Engineer. The successful candidate will be driven and dedicated, possessing the skills necessary to respond quickly to maintenance requests and to maintain the hotel facilities by practicing preventative maintenance and general repairs.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to interact professionally with guests and team members, a “can do” attitude, and the desire to learn and advance within the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the General Manager, the Chief Engineer is responsible for:
- Ensuring that both the property and product are in a condition that exceeds our guests’ expectations.
- Identifying and rectifying general maintenance issues within the property
- Responding to guest requests in a courteous, efficient and safe manner
- Performing preventative maintenance and necessary repairs to hotel guest rooms and equipment, including kitchen, boiler, HVAC, plumbing and electrical
- Drywall repair, painting and other basic carpentry as needed
- Making regular internal and external rounds of property to ensure that everything is in working order, and reporting any issues to the General Manager accompanied by recommendations and associated costs.
- Maintaining work areas, all equipment and log books
- Responding to emergency situations including fire alarms, power failure
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager
- A minimum of 2-5 years technical experience or equivalent in a recognized trade with a general understanding of building maintenance and operation. Previous experience in a fast-paced hotel environment would be considered an asset
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, and working knowledge of computers
- Flexibility in working any shift as required, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Experience in working in a unionized environment preferred
- Ability to manage and work within a team environment
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Willingness to respond to emergency after hours maintenance calls
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Working knowledge of mechanical systems and operations – ie. chillers, boilers, water softeners, refrigeration, plumbing and electrical
- Strong problem solving, analytical, creative thinking and decision-making skills
- Detail oriented
- Knowledge of pool maintenance (if applicable)
- Can speak, read, write and understand English
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.