Silver Hotel Group (SHG) is a family-owned Canadian hotel investment, development, and management company. Our portfolio includes hotels in Canada and the U.S., and ranges from internationally branded full and select service hotels to independent and boutique hotels.
At SHG, our culture is fundamental to our success. Each empowered team member strives to exhibit passion, creativity, and fun every day. Together, we are dedicated to delivering exceptional experiences by living our core values as our road map: Accountability, Teamwork, Leadership, Diversity, Integrity, Giving, Fun, Recognition.
As we continue to grow, our mantra “You Matter” resonates with our 600+ team members in how we do business, which will continue to enhance engagement and retention.
Today, we look for new team members who demonstrate both aptitude and the passion to embrace and contribute to our Culture.
Help us build something exceptional!
Our Radisson Admiral Hotel, located on Toronto’s magnificent waterfront, is currently recruiting for FT and PT Cooks to take its food and beverage operation to the next level. If you have a flair with food, a passion for presentation and are “hungry” to showcase your talents and grow within the company, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity!
Radisson Admiral Toronto Harbourfront
249 Queen’s Quay West
Reporting to the Executive Chef, you will:
- Adhere to hotel standards of food quality, recipes and preparation
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food.
- Wash and peel fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients.
- Ensure the highest quality of product in the preparation of food
- Ensure the proper set up and readiness of menu items
- Adhere to the seasoning, portions and appearance guidelines of food served
- Store unused food properly to minimize waste and maximize quality
- Ensure that proper Health and Safety and sanitation practices are practiced
- Assure smooth kitchen operations by coordinating with related Food and Beverage Departments
- Prepare hot and cold foods according to recipes, quality and presentation standards, and food preparation checklist
- Perform other duties as required
- Ability to work and prepare all menu items including breakfast, lunch and dinner and banqueting (if applicable)
Available to work flexible hours, including mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
In addition to the core job requirements, skill sets and work-related experience; the ideal candidate will illustrate the ability and drive to:
- Live the corporate culture, personifying it in daily interactions with both guests and team members.
- Be an engaging team member who is highly inclusive, inspiring and able to relate to all levels.
- Participate in a fun and supportive working environment where team members aspire to do what is right and are given the empowerment to execute
- Hotel experience would be an asset;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment;
- Basic knowledge of food hygiene
- Positive and professional attitude and appearance;
- High level of accuracy, and a strong commitment to detail;
- Work well under pressure and in a team environment;
- Must be available evening, weekends and flexible shifts.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.