Silver Hotel Group (SHG) is currently recruiting for a Corporate Director of Sales and Revenue Management. As a member of the SHG Leadership Team, the Regional Director of Sales and Revenue Management will be responsible for the overall performance and direction of sales and revenue management structure for the company. This position will provide leadership and support to the team members and liaise between the sales/revenue management and the hotel leadership teams. The new leader will work with the team to develop and execute strong strategic sales and revenue management initiatives that will focus on building long-term, customer relationships and enabling the achievement of each hotel’s financial objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the VP – Operations, this position will be required to:
- Work with Sales and Revenue Management team leaders to develop and implement strategic plans to execute corporate strategies that will achieve the organization’s sales and revenue management targets.
- Work with the Engagement team to develop innovative marketing ideas and ways to grow and continue to define the SHG brand and the individual hotel personalities.
- With the support of the Sales and Revenue Management leadership team, provide leadership, guidance and mentoring to all Sellers. Incorporate regular training and communication tools to keep the team up with the market and industry trends.
- Champions leadership development and workforce planning priorities by assessing, selecting, retaining and developing diverse, high-caliber talent that can lead the organization today and strengthen the leadership bench for the future; continues to upgrade the sales & marketing talent; works with HR to anticipate future talent needs based on business growth plans.
- Continue to develop the structure, processes, and performance management standards to ensure the efficiency and success of the Sales/Revenue management structure at SHG.
- Work closely with Regional Sales Directors to ensure accurate positioning of each hotel within its respective market and to establish revenue-generating strategies.
- Understand the competition; be able to leverage each hotel’s features and benefits against them.
- Work with the team to meet/exceed revenue goals by developing and implementing strategies to solicit new business and maximize revenue opportunities, using all sales support and resources.
- Understand the hotel brands and fully utilize the resources and relationships available;
- Nurture and support the continued development of relationships with existing and potential clients.
- Attend trade shows, industry meetings and community events to source potential leads and sales opportunities, and network in the industry.
- Develop strong community and public relations presence by maintaining SHG’s participation in local, regional and national tradeshows and client events.
In addition to the core job requirements, skill sets and work-related experience; the ideal candidate will illustrate the ability and drive to:
- Drive the corporate culture, personifying it in daily interactions with both guests and team members.
- Be an engaging leader who is highly inclusive, inspiring and able to relate to all levels.
- Create a fun and supportive working environment where team members aspire to do what is right and are given the empowerment to execute
- Degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management or related major.
- Minimum 5 years of hotel sales and/or revenue management experience with a proven track record in leading a highly motivated and successful team. Previous experience in a cluster sales environment would be an asset.
- Experience in the Toronto hospitality market highly desirable.
- Proven track record in new business development based on strong prospecting skills, and a pro-active sales approach.
- Strong Analytical and revenue strategy skills to support the hotels in optimizing revenues and guide and direct the revenue management team
- Demonstrated skills in building rapport with a team and creating a strong working environment, as well as being self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Strong negotiation and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational, presentation, and time management skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to travel.
- Available to work evenings/weekends as required.
Silver Hotel Group (SHG) is a family-owned Canadian hotel investment, development, and management company. Our portfolio includes hotels in Canada and the U.S., and ranges from internationally branded full and select service hotels to independent and boutique hotels.
At SHG, our culture is fundamental to our success. Each empowered team member strives to exhibit passion, creativity, and fun every day. Together, we are dedicated to delivering exceptional experiences by living our core values as our road map: Accountability, Teamwork, Leadership, Diversity, Integrity, Giving, Fun, Recognition.
As we continue to grow, our mantra “You Matter” resonates with our 700+ team members in how we do business, which will continue to enhance engagement and retention.
Today, we look for new team members who demonstrate both aptitude and the passion to embrace and contribute to our Culture.
Help us build something exceptional!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.