15 Charles Street East
The Anndore House is currently recruiting for Duty Manager!
Back in the 1950’s The Anndore Hotel & Apartments was home to many of Toronto’s most eccentric personalities and famous faces, and nowadays it has became one of Toronto’s most stylish and celebrated hotels. This hotel is more than a building, the Anndore House has a creative soul with Toronto’s most talented artistry in our building’s finishes. We have 113 contemporary bedrooms (each with a character all their own), Constantine restaurant and lounge, The Crow’s Nest barber shop and the Scarlet Door Café. Our Upper level is an entire floor that’s equally adept at hosting parties or brainstorms. All in the heart of one of the friendliest cities on the planet in the neighbourhood full with positive energy and parks, all types of fitness, galleries, theatre, live music, unique boutiques and nightlife.
We are currently looking for a results-oriented and dynamic team player with a commitment to customer service excellence to fill the position of Duty Manager. The successful applicant will be responsible for the performance of all areas of hotel and guest related operations, both during day and night shifts to represent the leadership team of the hotel during this time. This role requires candidates be available to work on a rotational schedule of both daytime and overnight shifts.
We are seeking someone who can bring a new perspective and fresh, forward thinking to our team. If you are that person and feel your background and proven skill sets are right for this opportunity, we invite you to review the position description below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Guest Experience Manager, the Duty Manager:
- Delivers exceptional guest experiences by ensuring that the Guest Experience Department is meeting or exceeding service standards.
- Acts as a management representative and on behalf of Hotel senior leadership team during the overnight shift.
- Recruits, hires and terminates guest services personnel as required, with the approval of the Guest Services Manager.
- Schedules the front office staff and supervises workload when on shift.
- Evaluates the job performance of each guest experience team member.
- Maintains working relationships and communication with all departments.
- Manages emergency procedures during all shifts.
- Verifies that accurate room status information is maintained and properly communicated.
- Resolves guest problems quickly, efficiently, and courteously.
- Receives information from the previous shift manger and passes on pertinent details to the oncoming manager.
- Process the night audit and reconciles all accounts and ledgers.
- Ensures the implementation of all hotel policies and house rules.
- Operates all aspects of Front Office computer system, including software maintenance, report generation and analysis, and simple configuration changes.
- Prepares revenue and occupancy forecasting.
- Monitors all V.I.P ‘s special guests and requests.
- Provides information and training as required in accordance with Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHIMIS), including use pf protective equipment.
- Participates in regular department meetings.
In addition to the core job requirements, skill sets and work-related experience; the ideal candidate will illustrate the ability and drive to:
- Drive the corporate culture, personifying it in daily interactions with both guests and team members;
- Be an engaging leader who is highly inclusive, inspiring and able to relate to all levels;
- Create a fun and supportive working environment where team members aspire to do what is right and are given the empowerment to execute.
- A minimum 3 years of progressive experience in a hotel or related field; or a 2-year college degree and a minimum of 2 years of progressive experience in a related field;
- Previous supervisory responsibilities preferred;
- Experience working with Maestro PMS an asset;
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner;
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests;
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines;
- Valid driver’s license in good standing;
- Must be available to work flexible shifts which may include but not limited to days, evenings, overnights, weekends and holidays as required by management.
About Silver Hotel Group:
Silver Hotel Group (SHG) is a family-owned Canadian hotel investment, development, and management company. Our portfolio includes hotels in Canada and the U.S., and ranges from internationally branded full and select service hotels to independent and boutique hotels.
At SHG, our culture is fundamental to our success. Each empowered team member strives to exhibit passion, creativity, and fun every day. Together, we are dedicated to delivering exceptional experiences by living our core values as our road map: Accountability, Teamwork, Leadership, Diversity, Integrity, Giving, Fun, Recognition.
As we continue to grow, our mantra “You Matter” resonates with our 600+ team members in how we do business, which will continue to enhance engagement and retention.
Today, we look for new team members who demonstrate both aptitude and the passion to embrace and contribute to our Culture.
Help us build something exceptional!
The Silver Hotel Group believes in outstanding hospitality and takes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We are committed to respecting the independence and dignity of all persons by providing a barrier-free environment for all guests, colleagues, and job applicants. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources at 416-860-5157.
The Silver Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status or any other characteristics protected by law.