The Pantages Hotel is currently recruiting for an Executive Chef.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a seasoned Sous Chef, looking to take their career to the next level.
The ideal candidate will take a hands-on approach to managing, mentoring, directing and organizing the kitchen that services Stages Restaurant & Lounge, Room Service, and Banquets. If you have an appetite for delivering outstanding service and creating “WOW” experiences and are looking for an opportunity to showcase your talent and develop your career, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity!
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the General Manager, this role will:
- Prepare and cook a variety of cuisine for all daily menu dining outlets and banquets, using skill, creativity and cost-effective methods;
- Ensure that food is prepared according to standardized recipes and specifications to maintain consistency and ensure all quality standards and food cost standards are met;
- Responsible for supervising / managing / overseeing all food operations;
- Maintain a hands-on approach to cooking “on the line” during busy service times as well as training and developing kitchen staff on a daily basis;
- Interview, hire and train all kitchen team members on departmental policies and procedures, approved safety, safe food handling and sanitation practices;
- Successfully manage kitchen teams in multiple food outlet areas;
- Achieve consistent financial targets with purchasing, inventory, food and labour cost control methods;
- Work closely with F&B Manager/Supervisor to develop successful Food & Beverage/Hospitality operations;
- Comply with all regulatory health and safety codes, working towards creating a strong work place health and safety environment;
- Responsible for all Menu Development throughout the year including Restaurant, Banquets and any other special events/requests that are requested;
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager or designate.
In addition to the core job requirements, skill sets and work-related experience; the ideal candidate will illustrate the ability and drive to:
- Drive the corporate culture, personifying it in daily interactions with both guests and team members;
- Be an engaging leader who is highly inclusive, inspiring and able to relate to all levels;
- Create a fun and supportive working environment where team members aspire to do what is right and are given the empowerment to execute.
- Minimum 3 years culinary experience as a Sous Chef or an Executive Sous Chef within a hotel environment in a similar role;
- Apprenticeship or college level accreditation, Red Seal or recognized International equivalent;
- Proven track record in menu and service design;
- Strong cost control skills;
- Excellent knowledge of current culinary trends;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Hands-on approach to training and a leadership style committed to developing and motivating the culinary team to attain a superior level of guest service;
- Experience working in a unionized environment is an asset;
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations;
- Strong communication and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure;
- Ability to achieve deadlines while focusing on departmental/hotel fiscal results;
- Ability to work cohesively with all team members in all departments;
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts as required including early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Silver Hotel Group (SHG) is a family-owned Canadian hotel investment, development, and management company. Our portfolio includes hotels in Canada and the U.S., and ranges from internationally branded full and select service hotels to independent and boutique hotels.
At SHG, our culture is fundamental to our success. Each empowered team member strives to exhibit passion, creativity, and fun every day. Together, we are dedicated to delivering exceptional experiences by living our core values as our road map: Accountability, Teamwork, Leadership, Diversity, Integrity, Giving, Fun, Recognition. As we continue to grow, our mantra “You Matter” resonates with our 600+ team members in how we do business, which will continue to enhance engagement and retention. Today, we look for new team members who demonstrate both aptitude and the passion to embrace and contribute to our Culture. Help us build something exceptional! The ideal candidate will have the ability to interact professionally with guests and team members, a ‘can do” attitude, and the desire to learn and advance within the company.
The Silver Hotel Group believes in outstanding hospitality and takes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We are committed to respecting the independence and dignity of all persons by providing a barrier-free environment for all guests, colleagues, and job applicants. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. * * * * * * * * *
Job Type: Full-time