200 Victoria Street
Silver Hotel Group (SHG) is a family-owned Canadian hotel investment, development, and management company. Our portfolio includes hotels in Canada and the U.S., and ranges from internationally branded full and select service hotels to independent and boutique hotels.
At SHG, our culture is fundamental to our success. Each empowered team member strives to exhibit passion, creativity, and fun every day. Together, we are dedicated to delivering exceptional experiences by living our core values as our road map: Accountability, Teamwork, Leadership, Diversity, Integrity, Giving, Fun, Recognition.
As we continue to grow, our mantra “You Matter” resonates with our 600+ team members in how we do business, which will continue to enhance engagement and retention.
Today, we look for new team members who demonstrate both aptitude and the passion to embrace and contribute to our Culture.
Help us build something exceptional!
We require a passionate individual to assume the role of Executive Housekeeper. Reporting to the General Manager, the Executive Housekeeper is responsible for all aspects of the housekeeping department to ensure the clean, orderly, and attractive appeal of the property. The successful candidate will be a coach and cheerleader for the housekeeping team, providing direction, coordination and evaluation of this department, while sharing their flare for style and design.
The successful candidate will be pumped, passionate, tuned-in to what’s hip and happening in the hotel industry, and will play a key role in positioning the hotel as the place to stay. Out-of-the-box thinkers who thrive in creating a fun team environment are encouraged to pursue this exciting opportunity. If you think you have what it takes and are looking to establish yourself as a front-runner in Toronto’s fast-paced hotel market, we invite you to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the General Manager, this position requires a highly motivated and ambitious professional who can work with minimal supervision:
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the Housekeeping team.
- Enforce hotels standards, policies, and procedures to Housekeeping team
- Be a department leader who motivates and mentors all housekeeping team members.
- Ascertain staff training needs and provide such training.
- Manage departmental budget and expenses.
- Lead the Health and Safety efforts of the property, ensuring all WHIMIS, WSIB, OHSA and joint health and safety procedures are followed in housekeeping department.
- Operate well under pressure while exercising good judgments and focus attention on details.
- Endure abundant physical movements in carrying out job duties.
- Maintain confidentiality of hotel guests and pertinent hotel information.
- Ensure security of guest room access and hotel property.
- Establish, maintain and train standards and procedures for cleaning and safe working conditions in the housekeeping department.
- Works to ensure high scores for cleanliness and other housekeeping related items on all inspections.
- Develops and maintains a deep cleaning schedule and room cleanliness program.
- Inspects or delegates inspections of all guestrooms cleaned by room attendants.
- Develops an inspection program for all public areas and guestrooms to ensure that proper maintenance and standards are achieved and sustained.
- Ensures final inspection of all housekeeping-related duties performed by housekeeping team.
- Initiates new procedures to increase efficiency of labor and safe chemical and equipment use.
- May serve as “manager on duty” as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned including assisting staff with their job functions during peak periods.
In addition to the core job requirements, skill sets and work-related experience; the ideal candidate will illustrate the ability and drive to:
- Drive the corporate culture, personifying it in daily interactions with both guests and team members.
- Be an engaging leader who is highly inclusive, inspiring and able to relate to all levels.
- Create a fun and supportive working environment where team members aspire to do what is right and are given the empowerment to execute
- 3-4 years previous managerial experience in housekeeping in a Hotel or related industry
Post-secondary degree/diploma in Tourism or Hospitality preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational, technical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Able to think clearly in pressure situations, exercise good judgement and focus attention on details.
- Is able to endure an abundance of physical movements in the performance of job duties.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Highly interpersonal; comfortable engaging with all guests, visitors, vendors and team members.
- Experience in the financial management for a housekeeping department is an asset.
- Prior union experience is an asset.
- Is recognized as a strong leader who can develop the skills of others.
- Experience working in a unionized environment will be considered an asset
- Is respected as a coach and role model.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Is comfortable in a multi-tasking environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law