Silver Hotel Group (SHG) is a family-owned Canadian hotel investment, development, and management company. Our portfolio includes hotels in Canada and the U.S., and ranges from internationally branded full and select service hotels to independent and boutique hotels.
At SHG, our culture is fundamental to our success. Each empowered team member strives to exhibit passion, creativity, and fun every day. Together, we are dedicated to delivering exceptional experiences by living our core values as our road map: Accountability, Teamwork, Leadership, Diversity, Integrity, Giving, Fun, Recognition.
As we continue to grow, our mantra “You Matter” resonates with our 600+ team members in how we do business, which will continue to enhance engagement and retention.
Today, we look for new team members who demonstrate both aptitude and the passion to embrace and contribute to our Culture.
Help us build something exceptional!
The Pantages Hotel Toronto is currently recruiting for an experienced Food and Beverage Manager to take its F&B operations to a whole new level, where dining becomes an experience! The ideal candidate will take a hands-on approach to managing, mentoring, directing and organizing the Food and Beverage Department, including the Restaurant & Lounge, Room Service, Banqueting, and kitchen operations. If you have an appetite for delivering outstanding service and creating “WOW” experiences, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity!
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the General Manager, this position:
- Directs the activities of the Food and Beverage Department to maximize profits by establishing and achieving objectives in productivity, food quality, service, innovation and promotion.
- Prepares, recommends and implements operating and capital cost budgets, monitoring progress throughout the year.
- Maximizes outlets profitability, implements effective control of food, beverage, labour costs and monitors the budget to ensure efficient operations including achieving budget and labour expenses
- Prepares payroll for processing
- Coordinates promotional and special events to increase awareness, business and revenues.
- Regularly reviews and evaluates the degree of customer satisfaction: recommends and implements new marketing and/or operational procedures when necessary to keep up with the demand and market changes.
- Handles guest complaints promptly and professionally
- Coordinates the menu planning process by reviewing menus and prices. Recommends changes, incorporates market trends and implements price changes as needed.
- Is a presence in outlets and kitchen during peak meal periods.
- Mentors and manages team members in consultation with H.R.D., interviews and hires new employees, coaches, counsels and develops team members to reach their full potential.
- Ensures team members are properly trained and have the necessary tools and equipment to effectively perform their duties
- Prepares and conducts performance evaluations
- Participate in hotel directed training and development programs
- Sets goals and objectives with team members and develops strategies to meet and exceed them
- Establishes a rapport with regular clientele and V.I.P.’s to ensure that hotel facilities are selected for business and personal functions.
- Complies with requirements established by the Municipal Health Department.
- Possess the knowledge of the requirements and carry out all duties in accordance with the Ontario Occupational Health & Safety Act and Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHIMIS)
- Ensure all equipment is properly maintained and that all certifications and inspections are completed and up-to-date
- Provides beverage service in accordance with the Liquor License Act of Ontario and applying the guidelines of the Smart Serve program
- Keeps informed of all local attractions and events in the city
In addition to the core job requirements, skill sets and work-related experience; the ideal candidate will illustrate the ability and drive to:
- Drive the corporate culture, personifying it in daily interactions with both guests and team members.
- Be an engaging leader who is highly inclusive, inspiring and able to relate to all levels.
- Create a fun and supportive working environment where team members aspire to do what is right and are given the empowerment to execute
- Post-secondary Food and Beverage/Hospitality/culinary education preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with menu costing and food and beverage cost controls.
- Established relationships with local food and beverage suppliers an asset
- Experience in a unionized environment preferred;
- 3-5 years’ experience of culinary experience preferably within a full-service hotel environment;
- Strong track record in menu and service design;
- Hands-on approach to training and a leadership style committed to developing and motivating the culinary team to attain a superior level of guest service;
- Strong communication and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure;
- Ability to achieve deadlines while focusing on departmental/hotel fiscal results;
- Proficient in EXCEL, Microsoft Word/Office/Outlook;
- Ability to work cohesively with all team members in all departments
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.