Silver Hotel Group (SHG) is a family-owned Canadian hotel investment, development, and management company. Our portfolio includes hotels in Canada and the U.S., and ranges from internationally branded full and select service hotels to independent and boutique hotels.
At SHG, our culture is fundamental to our success. Each empowered team member strives to exhibit passion, creativity, and fun every day. Together, we are dedicated to delivering exceptional experiences by living our core values as our road map: Accountability, Teamwork, Leadership, Diversity, Integrity, Giving, Fun, Recognition.
As we continue to grow, our mantra “You Matter” resonates with our 600+ team members in how we do business, which will continue to enhance engagement and retention.
Today, we look for new team members who demonstrate both aptitude and the passion to embrace and contribute to our Culture.
Help us build something exceptional!
The role of Food and Beverage supervisor leads and supports the shop floor outlets in our hotel. The candidate must possess a positive attitude with a vibrant personality. Professional communication and strong interpersonal skills required along with a “can do” attitude. The candidate will assist the team on daily basis with all customer service duties. The supervisor will foster a healthy environment and build new relationships with customers and nurture existing ones.
The candidate is goal driven and works to the needs of the operation
The candidate is motivated by an entrepreneurial spirit and excels in high volume situations. The candidate will be a front-line ambassador for all food and beverage outlets and support activities/activations that will personally engage guests connecting them to the vibe and spirit of our Hotel.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the General Manager, this position will:
- Provide personalized and exceptional guest service at every given opportunity.
- Meet established up-selling and sales goals.
- Ensure the outlets are fully operational to service guests.
- Responsible for directing, delegating and coordination of the outlets team members and servers as necessary under the supervision of Chef
- Build guest relations with hotel guests, corporate clients, travelers, and capture new opportunities to network/brand all hotel outlets.
- Responsible for quality control inspections, and service standards implementation/execution.
- To work closely with all employees and lead the team in service to ensure all meeting details, and function specifications are executed.
- Responsible for maintaining inventories, adequate par levels and provide requisition of necessary products.
- Ensures the team members are aware of and follow all health and safety policies and procedures.
- Preparing for and facilitating meetings with employees and management.
- Responsible for maximizing seating occupancy and total covers while maintaining a high quality of service.
- Responsible for the coaching, motivating, planning and assisting team members on daily basis.
- Ensure staff is adhering to all hotel policies, procedures and systems as per outlined in the departmental standards.
- Responsible for the cleanliness and tidiness for within designated outlets, as well as, assisting and inspecting cleanliness within the hotel.
- Responsible for the organization of new team member training in your specified outlet to include proper orientation and introduction.
- Responsible for all processes related to POS operations. Some of these duties are as follows: Daily sales analysis, and reports.
- Any admin tasks as assigned including scanning, photocopying and uploading.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining controls to assure there is no theft and to minimize waste of all products.
- Has good working knowledge of food trends and beverage trends
- Assessing guests’ individual needs to meet standards for additional products and services.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Assisting in development, implementation and follow up of menus, promotions and all other hotel related initiatives.
- Assist in constantly seeking way to enhance service and increase revenues.
- Successful problem resolution of both our guests and colleagues
- Lead the Outlet operation independently when required.
- Assist with development, implementation and follow up of marketing promotions to increase revenues.
- Actively participate in organizing and presenting departmental communication meetings.
- Ensures the professional growth and development of all team members.
- Provides strong leadership through positive reinforcement, training, and coaching.
- Motivates team members and develops strong channels of communication by maintaining good relations and encouraging team spirit and empowerment.
- Actively promotes a safe and healthy work environment.
- Ensures all equipment is in proper working order.
- Assist with leading a team of dedicated professionals to ensure the highest quality experience is provided to our guests.
- Actively participates in a hotel related activities and initiatives.
- Lead and energize Social Media platforms to market and promote outlets.
- Celebrate and participate in the Hotel social/charitable events driving the company culture.
- Deliver a passionate service while providing “exceptional experiences”
- Build relations on first name basis with customers.
- Room to drive further meeting dates.
- Build on our existing date base.
- Post-secondary Food and Beverage/Hospitality/culinary education preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with menu costing and food and beverage cost controls.
- Established relationships with local food and beverage suppliers an asset
- Experience in a unionized environment preferred;
- 3-5 years’ experience of culinary experience preferably within a full-service hotel environment;
- Strong track record in menu and service design;
- Hands-on approach to training and a leadership style committed to developing and motivating the culinary team to attain a superior level of guest service;
- Strong communication and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure;
- Ability to achieve deadlines while focusing on departmental/hotel fiscal results;
- Proficient in EXCEL, Microsoft Word/Office/Outlook;
- Ability to work cohesively with all team members in all departments
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.