Novotel Toronto Centre
45 The Esplanade
The Novotel Toronto Centre is currently recruiting for a General Manager! The hotel is a newly renovated, 263 room, full service property in downtown Toronto. The role is responsible for leading the day-to-day operation of the hotel, developing a culture of exceptional service, ensuring the Hotel is maintained at a high quality and driving the financial success of the property. We’re looking for an experienced, dynamic individual to lead this hotel gem in the heart of the City.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the VP Operations, the General Managers responsibilities include:
- Proactively oversee the operations of all departments to maximize financial performance of the hotel and continually challenge the team to be the best;
- Develop and maintain a culture of exceptional guest service, with a focus on creating unique experiences for each guest, each and every time;
- Stay in tune with the industry and local market, anticipating market trends, paying close attention to changes in the economy, supply, demand, technology, design and other impacts…always looking for ways to stay ahead of the competition;
- Participate in the development and execution of short and long-term financial budgets and operational goals for all departments of the hotel, with a strong ability to drive the top line and a keen eye for cost control, productivity and profitability;
- Coordinate capital improvement projects to maintain quality standards and property image, and to protect the asset from neglect, damage or deterioration;
- Develop and maintain rapport with key industry and community partners to ensure a visible presence in the city;
- Actively participate in the sales process with property sales team and regional sales resources, including strategy, tours and customer relations;
- Participate in developing and monitoring annual sales business and marketing plans;
- Work with revenue management resources to develop and implement strategies to grow business;
- Work closely with regional ownership team, ensuring processes, suppliers, systems and other resources are being utilized effectively;
- Oversee the day to day activities of the Retail space at 35 The Esplanade
- Be a leader and a role model to all team members. Be visible and approachable. Conduct regular team meetings. Maintain an open-door policy and encourage team member engagement and empowerment;
In addition to the core job requirements, skill sets and work-related experience; the ideal candidate will illustrate the ability and drive to:
- Drive the corporate culture, personifying it in daily interactions with both guests and team members.
- Be an engaging leader who is highly inclusive, inspiring and able to relate to all levels.
- Create a fun and supportive working environment where team members aspire to do what is right and are given the empowerment to execute
- Minimum of 5 years of hotel management experience, with a proven track record of success;
- Strong knowledge of revenue management in a hotel environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong knowledge of property management systems and Office software
- Strong sales and negotiation skills, and decision-making capabilities;
- Strong financial acumen with experience in preparing and managing a budget and business plan, and analyzing financial statements
- Ability to study, analyze and interpret activities to improve existing practices or develop new approaches;
- A passion for style trends and fashion, and a flair for social media will be assets in this position;
- Self-motivated and results-driven team player;
- Ability to recruit, supervise, train and motivate an exceptional team, focused on success;
- Ability to cultivate business relationships.
About Novotel Toronto Centre:
Located in the heart of the St. Lawrence Neighborhood, the Novotel Toronto Centre is close to city attractions, shopping, theater, dining and corporate offices. The newly renovated Hotel offers spacious and contemporary guestrooms, that allow you to stretch out and unwind. Over 7600 sqft of flexible event space make the Novotel an ideal location for corporate or social functions. The full service restaurant, Cafe Nicole is available for three meals a day and the lobby bar is the perfect setting for a nightcap. And if a snack is what you need stop by The Market, where you’ll find an eclectic collection of local and fresh treats to satisfy your cravings.
Silver Hotel Group (SHG) is a family-owned Canadian hotel investment, development, and management company. Our portfolio includes hotels in Canada and the U.S., and ranges from internationally branded full and select service hotels to independent and boutique hotels.
At SHG, our culture is fundamental to our success. Each empowered team member strives to exhibit passion, creativity, and fun every day. Together, we are dedicated to delivering exceptional experiences by living our core values as our road map: Accountability, Teamwork, Leadership, Diversity, Integrity, Giving, Fun, Recognition.
As we continue to grow, our mantra “You Matter” resonates with our 600+ team members in how we do business, which will continue to enhance engagement and retention.
Today, we look for new team members who demonstrate both aptitude and the passion to embrace and contribute to our Culture.
Help us build something exceptional!
The Silver Hotel Group believes in outstanding hospitality and takes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We are committed to respecting the independence and dignity of all persons by providing a barrier-free environment for all guests, colleagues, and job applicants. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Sonia Brock, Corporate Director of Human Resources at 905.362.9503 or email@example.com.
The Silver Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status or any other characteristics protected by law.