Location: Calgary, Alberta
Inspired by the dynamic local culture continuously evolving around it, this electrifying new boutique hotel is poised to become the gathering place to eat, drink, work and play any time of day. Situated in the heart of Calgary’s downtown, energy flows and personalities mingle in this 104-room upper midscale property conveniently located in the center of the largest concentration of head offices in Western Canada, and a short walk from downtown shopping and cultural areas. More than just a hotel room, a stay at The Westley will be defined as an “experience”, with genuine guest service at the heart of everything we do.
As a Tapestry Collection by Hilton hotel, The Westley will ensure its independent personality and character will thrive with the support of a leading brand affiliation.
If you are that special individual who can effectively fuse funk and style with performance excellence, we want to hear from you! It you are an “out-of-the-box” thinker who can envision unlimited potential and endless possibilities, we want to hear from you! If you are a leader extraordinaire who can inspire, motivate and challenge, we want to hear from you! Cookie cutters need not apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively oversee the operations of all departments to maximize financial performance of the hotel
- Develop and maintain a culture of exceptional guest service, with a focus on creating a unique experiences for each guest, every time
- Maximize room revenue through anticipation of market shifts paying close attention to local changes in supply, demand and the overall economy
- Participate in the development of short and long-term financial and operational goals of the hotel
- Ensure/create a realistic and attainable strategic business plan that defines operational goals and profitability objectives
- Coordinate capital improvement projects to maintain quality standards and property image, and to protect the asset from neglect, damage or deterioration
- Manage the relationship with the Food & Beverage partner and ensure a seamless integration and guest experience with the Hotel
- Develop and maintain rapport with key community contacts to ensure a visible presence in the community
- Actively participate in the sales process including, strategy, tours and customer meetings
- Develop and monitor annual business and marketing plans
- Work with revenue management resources to develop and implement strategies to grow business
- Be visible and approachable to the staff. Conduct regular staff meetings. Maintain an open-door policy whenever possible and encourage employee engagement
- Be a leader and a role model to all employees
In addition to the core job requirements, skill sets and work-related experience; the ideal candidate will illustrate the ability and drive to:
- Drive the corporate culture, personifying it in daily interactions team members;
- Be an engaging team member who is highly inclusive, inspiring and able to relate to all levels;
- Create a fun and supportive working environment where team members aspire to do what is right and are given the empowerment to execute.
- Minimum of 5 years of hotel experience with a successful track record in hotel management
- A passion for style trends and fashion, and a flair for social media will be assets in this position
- Strong knowledge of revenue management in a hotel environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of property management systems and Office software
- Strong sales and negotiation skills, and decision-making capabilities
- Ability to study, analyze and interpret activities to improve existing practices or develop new approaches
- Self-motivated and results-driven team player
- Ability to supervise, train and motivate a team
- Ability to cultivate business relationships
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada. Please note that the Company is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Silver Hotel Group (SHG) is a family-owned Canadian hotel investment, development, and management company. Our portfolio includes hotels in Canada and the U.S., and ranges from internationally branded full and select service hotels to independent and boutique hotels.
At SHG, our culture is fundamental to our success. Each empowered team member strives to exhibit passion, creativity, and fun every day. Together, we are dedicated to delivering exceptional experiences by living our core values as our road map: Accountability, Teamwork, Leadership, Diversity, Integrity, Giving, Fun, Recognition.
As we continue to grow, our mantra “You Matter” resonates with our 600+ team members in how we do business, which will continue to enhance engagement and retention.
Today, we look for new team members who demonstrate both aptitude and the passion to embrace and contribute to our Culture.
Help us build something exceptional!
The Silver Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status or any other characteristics protected by law.