TownePlace Suites Mississauga Airport Corporate Centre
5050 Orbitor Drive
The TownePlace Suites Mississauga Airport Corporate Centre is currently recruiting for a General Manager. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the General Manager is responsible for leading the day to day operation of the hotel, developing a culture of exceptional service while driving the financial success of the hotel representing SHG in the community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively oversee the operations of all departments to maximize financial performance of the hotel and continually challenge the team to be the best;
- Develop and maintain a culture of exceptional guest service, with a focus on creating unique experiences for each guest, each and every time;
- Stay in tune with the industry and local market, anticipating market trends, paying close attention to changes in the economy, supply, demand, technology, design and other impacts…always looking for ways to stay ahead of the competition;
- Participate in the development and execution of short and long-term financial budgets and operational goals for all departments of the hotel, with a strong ability to drive the top line and a keen eye for cost control, productivity and profitability;
- Coordinate capital improvement projects to maintain quality standards and property image, and to protect the asset from neglect, damage or deterioration;
- Develop and maintain rapport with key industry and community partners to ensure a visible presence in the city;
- Actively participate in the sales process with property sales team and regional sales resources, including strategy, tours and customer relations;
- Participate in developing and monitoring annual sales business and marketing plans;
- Work with revenue management resources to develop and implement strategies to grow business;
- Work closely with regional ownership team, ensuring processes, suppliers, systems and other resources are being utilized effectively;
- Be a leader and a role model to all employees. Be visible and approachable. Conduct regular team meetings. Maintain an open-door policy and encourage employee engagement and empowerment;
In addition to the core job requirements, skill sets and work-related experience; the ideal candidate will illustrate the ability and drive to:
- Drive the corporate culture, personifying it in daily interactions with both guests and team members.
- Be an engaging leader who is highly inclusive, inspiring and able to relate to all levels.
- Create a fun and supportive working environment where team members aspire to do what is right and are given the empowerment to execute
- Minimum of 5 years of hotel management experience, preferably with Marriott, and a proven track record of success;
- Strong knowledge of revenue management in a hotel environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong knowledge of property management systems and Office software
- Strong sales and negotiation skills, and decision-making capabilities;
- Ability to study, analyze and interpret activities to improve existing practices or develop new approaches;
- A passion for style trends and fashion, and a flair for social media will be assets in this position;
- Self-motivated and results-driven team player;
- Ability to recruit, supervise, train and motivate an exceptional team, focused on success;
- Ability to cultivate business relationships.
About TownePlace Suites Mississauga Airport Corporate Centre:
The TownePlace Suites by Marriott Mississauga Airport Corporate Centre located in the Mississauga Airport Corporate Park, just 5 Km from Pearson International Airport. This 173 all Suite Extended Stay hotel is designed by Marriott for the do-it-yourselfer, the self-sufficient, value conscious extended stay guest. Each of the 173 Suites offer functional space for living and working, helping our guests keep their routine and settle into the neighbourhood. The hotel features and indoor swimming pool, complimentary WiFi and Daily Breakfast, and Shuttle Services to and from Pearson International Airport. With Centennial Park and Public Transportation steps away, the location offers easy access to both Downtown Mississauga and Toronto. The hotel will undergo renovations later this year to the rooms and public areas including the addition of a Bar.
Silver Hotel Group (SHG) is a family-owned Canadian hotel investment, development, and management company. Our portfolio includes hotels in Canada and the U.S., and ranges from internationally branded full and select service hotels to independent and boutique hotels.
At SHG, our culture is fundamental to our success. Each empowered team member strives to exhibit passion, creativity, and fun every day. Together, we are dedicated to delivering exceptional experiences by living our core values as our road map: Accountability, Teamwork, Leadership, Diversity, Integrity, Giving, Fun, Recognition.
As we continue to grow, our mantra “You Matter” resonates with our 600+ team members in how we do business, which will continue to enhance engagement and retention.
Today, we look for new team members who demonstrate both aptitude and the passion to embrace and contribute to our Culture.
Help us build something exceptional!
The ideal candidate will have the ability to interact professionally with Guests and Team Members, a “Can do” attitude, and the desire to learn and advance within the company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Silver Hotel Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.