Hotel Victoria is a historic 110 year old boutique hotel located in the heart of Downtown Toronto.
The hotel is currently recruiting a Guest Service Agent. The Guest Service Agent is responsible for guest check-ins and check-outs and to respond to inquiries and problems in an efficient, courteous and professional manner to achieve maximum guest satisfaction.
The right candidate will possess a dynamic personality with a strong focus on customer service. We are seeking someone who will complement our existing team while also bringing a fresh perspective to our operations. If you are that person and feel your background and proven skill sets are right for this opportunity, we invite you to review the job responsibilities below.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Front Office Manager, you will:
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanour at all times with both guests and team members.
- Comply with all company standards
- Engage and interact with guests during all phases of their stay
- Create and cancel reservations as required
- Greet all incoming and outgoing calls in a professional and timely manner.
- Review and update logbook, respond to emails, and complete all tasks on checklist daily.
- Be familiar with daily sell rates and inventory levels
- Balance and prepare individual paperwork for closing of shift within hotel standards
- Work closely and maintain proper communication with all hotel departments
- Handle guest registration and room assignments, accommodating special requests whenever possible.
- Handle guest check-ins/check-outs in accordance with hotel credit/cash handling policies in an efficient and friendly manner.
- Resolve customer complaints; assist customers in all inquiries in connection with hotel services, in-house events, directions, local attractions, safety boxes etc.
- Perform other duties assigned by department manager.
In addition, the ideal candidate will illustrate the ability and drive to:
- Live the corporate culture, personifying it in daily interactions with both guests and team members.
- Be an engaging team member who is highly inclusive, inspiring and able to relate to all levels.
- Participate in a fun and supportive working environment where team members aspire to do what is right and are given the empowerment to execute
Duties and Responsibilities
- High School degree or equivalent. Post-secondary education in hospitality or tourism preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in hotel/customer service capacity.
- Able to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
- Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours a shift.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by customers.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must work well under pressure and be able to prioritize tasks.
- Must possess strong computer skills.
- Basic accounting skills, handle cash and credit cards.
- Must be able to work weekdays, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Perform all duties as assigned by leaders
Silver Hotel Group (SHG) is a family-owned Canadian hotel investment, development, and management company. Our portfolio includes hotels in Canada and the U.S., and ranges from internationally branded full and select service hotels to independent and boutique hotels.
At SHG, our culture is fundamental to our success. Each empowered team member strives to exhibit passion, creativity, and fun every day. Together, we are dedicated to delivering exceptional experiences by living our core values as our road map: Accountability, Teamwork, Leadership, Diversity, Integrity, Giving, Fun, Recognition.
As we continue to grow, our mantra “You Matter” resonates with our 600+ team members in how we do business, which will continue to enhance engagement and retention.
Today, we look for new team members who demonstrate both aptitude and the passion to embrace and contribute to our Culture.
Help us build something exceptional!
The Silver Hotel Group believes in outstanding hospitality and takes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We are committed to respecting the independence and dignity of all persons by providing a barrier-free environment for all guests, colleagues, and job applicants. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please Farah Jamil at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Silver Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status or any other characteristics protected by law.