Radisson Admiral Hotel Toronto Harbourfront
249 Queen’s Quay West
Silver Hotel Group (SHG) is a family-owned Canadian hotel investment, development, and management company. Our portfolio includes hotels in Canada and the U.S., and ranges from internationally branded full and select service hotels to independent and boutique hotels.
At SHG, our culture is fundamental to our success. Each empowered team member strives to exhibit passion, creativity, and fun every day. Together, we are dedicated to delivering exceptional experiences by living our core values as our road map: Accountability, Teamwork, Leadership, Diversity, Integrity, Giving, Fun, Recognition.
As we continue to grow, our mantra “You Matter” resonates with our 600+ team members in how we do business, which will continue to enhance engagement and retention.
Today, we look for new team members who demonstrate both aptitude and the passion to embrace and contribute to our Culture.
Help us build something exceptional!
The hotel is currently recruiting for a part-time Guest Service Agent. The Guest Service Agent is responsible for Check-in and check-out guests and to respond to inquiries and problems in an efficient, courteous and professional manner to achieve maximum customer satisfaction.
The right candidate will possess a dynamic personality, and focus on customer service. We are seeking someone who can bring a new perspective to our offering. If you are that person and feel your background and proven skill sets are right for this opportunity, we invite you to review the job responsibilities below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Guest Services Manager and/or Supervisor, you will:
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanour at all times with guests and associates.
- Comply with all company standards and brand standards, if applicable
- Interact with all guests during check-in and check-out procedure.
- Create and cancel reservations as required, handle check in and check outs.
- Greet all incoming and outgoing calls in a professional and timely manner.
- Review logbook, and emails daily and complete all tasks on checklist.
- Maintain proper operation of Front Desk telephones, be familiar with daily sell rates
- Balance and prepare individual paperwork for closing of shift with hotel standards
- Work closely and maintain proper communication with all hotel departments
- Handle guest registration and room assignments, accommodating special requests whenever possible.
- Handle guest check-ins/check-outs in accordance with hotel credit/cash handling policies in an efficient and friendly manner.
- Resolve customer complaints; assist customers in all inquiries in connection with hotel services, in-house events, directions, local attractions, check cashing, gift shop, safety boxes etc.
- Assist with responsibilities and duties in the absence or heavy volume in the areas of Service Express Bellman or Agents.
- Perform other duties assigned by supervisor or department manager.
In addition, the ideal candidate will illustrate the ability and drive to:
- Live the corporate culture, personifying it in daily interactions with both guests and team members.
- Be an engaging team member who is highly inclusive, inspiring and able to relate to all levels.
- Participate in a fun and supportive working environment where team members aspire to do what is right and are given the empowerment to execute
Duties and Responsibilities:
- High School degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years’ hotel/customer service capacity.
- Able to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
- Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours a shift.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by customers.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must work well under pressure and be able to prioritize tasks.
- Must possess strong computer skills.
- Basic accounting skills, handle cash and credit cards.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.