Silver Hotel Group (SHG) is a family-owned Canadian hotel investment, development, and management company. Our portfolio includes hotels in Canada and the U.S., and ranges from internationally branded full and select service hotels to independent and boutique hotels.
At SHG, our culture is fundamental to our success. Each empowered team member strives to exhibit passion, creativity, and fun every day. Together, we are dedicated to delivering exceptional experiences by living our core values as our road map: Accountability, Teamwork, Leadership, Diversity, Integrity, Giving, Fun, Recognition.
As we continue to grow, our mantra “You Matter” resonates with our 600+ team members in how we do business, which will continue to enhance engagement and retention.
Today, we look for new team members who demonstrate both aptitude and the passion to embrace and contribute to our Culture.
Help us build something exceptional!
The Pantages Hotel Toronto is currently recruiting for an experienced Guest Services Manager to take its Rooms operations to a whole new level. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the daily operations of the Front Office in a hotel environment. The role includes working with the hotel team to develop strategies and coordinate programs to optimize guest and employee satisfaction, product quality and revenue opportunities, and ensure the property’s ongoing competitiveness in the market.
The right candidate will be a dynamic leader, focused on service. We are seeking someone who can bring a new perspective to our offering. If you are that person and feel your background and proven skill sets are right for this opportunity, we invite you to review the job responsibilities below.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the General Manager, the Guest Services Manager will:
- Demonstrate and promote a 100% commitment to providing exceptional experiences for our guests and employees
- Ensure guests receive prompt, professional attention and personal recognition. Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival. Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Implement appropriate service recovery gestures in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- Maximize total hotel revenues including but not limited to occupancy and to increase RevPar on a daily basis.
- Maintain all policies and internal controls related to the front office operations to ensure security of monies, credit and financial transactions, and guest security
- Assist with recruitment, training, supervision and discipline of Front Desk/Guest Services staff members.
- Ensure all staff is properly trained on systems, security and cash handling procedures, and service standards and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Responsible for motivating personnel so that they perform to the best of their abilities and setting an example by your own performance and enthusiasm.
- Schedule the staff within budgeted guidelines and providing best coverage for service demands.
- Hold regular meetings with staff members in order to keep them properly informed with current trends and ideas.
- Work in a team with all levels of management and associates.
- Organize and maintain Front Office records and equipment in accordance with hotel policy and control the inventory of Front Office supplies/forms
- Assist in preparation of annual business plan, budgets and marketing plans.
- Participate in meetings and/or events as required by the company.
- Effective communication with all Department Heads in order to contribute ideas with regards to hotel operation in general.
- Prepare month end reports and ensure that Front Desk staff complete duties.
- Monitor and maintain front office reports as required
- Demonstrate ability to work as a team player who communicates effectively at all levels with guests, associates and corporate representatives alike.
In addition, the ideal candidate will illustrate the ability and drive to:
- Drive the corporate culture, personifying it in daily interactions with both guests and team members.
- Be an engaging leader who is highly inclusive, inspiring and able to relate to all levels.
- Create a fun and supportive working environment where team members aspire to do what is right and are given the empowerment to execute
- Minimum 2 years of Front Office management experience in a hotel environment
- Strong computer skills, with knowledge of Microsoft Office and Hotel Property Management Systems
- Organized, results orientated, proven time management skills and ability to work under pressure
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written
- Revenue Management skills and past involvement in the revenue management process an asset
- Strong leader who can develop the skills of others and thrives in a fast-paced environment-maintaining composure and objectivity with guests and employees
- Available to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays as required, including occasional Manager-On-Duty shifts.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.