The Westley Calgary Downtown Hotel – A Tapestry Collection Hotel by Hilton
630 – 4th Avenue SW
Calgary, Alberta T2P O9J
As a Tapestry Collection Hotel by Hilton, The Westley Calgary Downtown Hotel is Calgary’s newest boutique hotel with a modern take on Calgary’s wild west roots. Located in the heart of Eau Claire, the hotel is slated to open in early June 2021. We are currently looking for dynamic people to join our team! In fact, we are recruiting for a pre-opening Guest Services Manager.
Are you someone with a downhome approach towards ensuring an elegant guest experience? If so, stop dreaming of this job and just do it, apply already. The successful candidate will be responsible for the launch of, and the ongoing day-to-day aspects of the Front Office, which includes the Front Desk, Bell/Valet Desk and Concierge.
Our philosophy is unexpect the expected. We serve up outstanding accommodations and service with a twist of unconventional charm. We’re looking for a dynamic leader who can deliver exceptional experiences that balance the proper and professional with the wild and wacky. You should be excited to spearhead the development and promotion of our culture to create welcoming and engaging connections. Pre-opening experience is critical and if you feel you have the background and a proven skill set that fits the bill, we invite you to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the General Manager, the Guest Services Manager will:
- In the pre-opening stages of the hotel, launch and develop all service standards, including the development of policies and procedures for the Front Office department of this 104 bedroom boutique hotel;
- Inspire and drive a culture of performance and high engagement through the development of recognition, training and professional growth and coaching;
- Create a fun and supportive working environment where team members aspire to do what’s right and are given the empowerment to create exceptional experiences;
- Liaise with all supporting departments to ensure a seamless experience for our guests, ensuring our vision of passionate people creating exceptional experiences is at the forefront of every interaction.
In addition to the core job requirements, skill sets and work-related experience; the ideal candidate will illustrate the ability and drive to:
- Drive the corporate culture, personifying it in daily interactions with both guests and team members;
- Be an engaging leader who is highly inclusive, inspiring and able to relate to all levels;
- Enjoy the occasional chocolate chip cookie;
- Create a fun and supportive working environment where team members aspire to do what is right and are given the empowerment to execute.
- Pre-opening experience would be a true benefit in the development stages of this department;
- Minimum 2 years of Front Office management experience in a hotel environment;
- Diploma or degree in Hospitality Management or Business, is a definite asset;
- Demonstrates a dynamic and engaging leadership style;
- Strong computer skills, with knowledge of Microsoft Office and Hotel Property Management Systems is essential;
- Organized, results orientated, proven time management skills and ability to work under pressure;
- Strong understanding of social media and exceptional communication skills, verbal and written;
- Revenue Management skills and past involvement in the revenue management process an asset;
- Strong problem solving and creative thinking skills;
- Available to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays as required, including occasional Manager-On-Duty shifts.
About The Westley
We speak downtown, we talk mountains. We’re the symphony for stampeders and the stampede for the symphony. Elegant and down home, proper and wild, sensible and spirited. For dreamers, for doers, when you visit the Westley, unexpect the expected. Our building was born in Calgary’s business boom of the 1970s, but has been transformed into a boutique hotel for modern travelers and local revelers. We are turning the west side of wild west Calgary into the place to be.
Successful candidates will be asked to submit a video! We’ll email you!
The Silver Hotel Group believes in outstanding hospitality and takes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code. We are committed to respecting the independence and dignity of all persons by providing a barrier-free environment for all guests, existing and prospective team members. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Sonia Brock at 416-886-1706.
The Silver Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status or any other characteristics protected by law.