TownePlace Suites Mississauga Airport Corporate Centre
5050 Orbitor Drive
The TownePlace Suites Mississauga Airport Corporate Centre is currently recruiting for a Guest Services Manager. Reporting to the General Manager, The Guest Service Manager will work closely with the entire team (both front-line and management), to deliver a high level of guest service throughout all departments in the hotel, and to ensure an exceptional guest experience. The Guest Service Manager is responsible for all aspects of the daily operations of the Guest Services and Breakfast departments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Have Full Knowledge of TownePlace Suites by Marriott brand standards regarding training and operations to apply to the Front Office and Food and Beverage Departments
- Managing, training and developing all Guest Service Agents, Night Auditors and Breakfast Attendants
- Performance managing and coaching of all Guest Service Team Members
- Implementing and maintaining high guest Service Standards at all times
- Welcoming guests and ensuring efficient guest registration and check out
- Owning the arrival experience, arrival reports and VIP’s to ensure all special requirements are met and communicated to our guests
- Leading and coaching the guest Call Back program, ensuring that guests receive a personalized call to ensure they have everything they need for their stay
- Understanding and monitoring room availability inventory, rate programs and selling strategies, in collaboration with Sales & Revenue Management Teams.
- Works closely with hotel Sales team to ensure successful management of group blocks and corporate accounts and ensures exceptional delivery of service experience from start to finish.
- Taking ownership of the Front Desk and Breakfast Attendants, monitoring staffing levels, supplies and business volumes to ensure that the team has the tools they need to serve our guests exceptionally
- Documenting and reporting of all incidents in a timely manner
- Following up with Guest concerns to ensure guest satisfaction and documenting appropriate communication on the Pass On
- Preparing schedules for the Guest Service Agents, Night Auditors and Breakfast Attendants according to the needs of the hotel
- Entering and approving all hours in Payworks for accurate semi-monthly payroll
- Oversees daily Communication Pass On, following Guest Service Recovery module as needed
- Identifies and forwards incoming faxes, customer mail, packages and messages promptly
- Works with Sales Team to ensure that meeting rooms remain in show condition at all times, verifying the set up, servicing and clean up of meeting room is according to BEO’s, ordering meeting room lunches as per BEO when required
- Posts meeting charges in FOSSE and ensure the guest receives a copy of the receipt
- Oversee the operation of the Breakfast Room and banquet equipment as well as operating supplies
- Maintains supplies and inventory for In a Pinch market
- Coordinate the quarterly inventory of Breakfast Room equipment and operating supplies
- Ensures that front office accounting practices adhere to company SOP’s and works closely with hotel controller to keep accurate records.
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager
Guest Services and Community Culture
- Lead a team-oriented environment by demonstrating a cooperative attitude and assisting co workers and other departments as needed
- Monitoring and managing the day to day schedule to anticipate appropriate staffing levels, calling on or off associates as required
- Setting the example of personal grooming by ensuring uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional and, holding associates accountable to the same standard
- Maintaining a strong focus on engaging guest service and ensuring optimum guest satisfaction
- Welcoming and acknowledging all guests according to company standards, thanking guests with genuine appreciation
- Listening and responding to guests requests or concerns and taking action until completion
- Performing all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position
- Maintaining a favourable working relationship with all other associates and managers to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working environment
- Performing any other duties as required or deemed necessary to provide superior service and teamwork
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in a Supervisory or Management role in a customer/guest service role in a hotel
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to lead and motivate a team
- Results-oriented, with high attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office is essential, knowledge of FOSSE system is an asset
- Must be available to work all shifts including weekends, evenings, holidays and overnights
About TownePlace Suites Mississauga Airport Corporate Centre:
The TownePlace Suites Mississauga Airport Corporate Centre located in the Mississauga Airport Corporate park, close to Pearson International Airport, and is an Extended Stay all-Suite hotel. The TownePlace Suites is designed by Marriott for the do-it-yourselfer, the self-sufficient, value conscious extended stay guest. Each of the 173 suites offer functional space for living and working, helping our guests keep their routine and settle into the neighbourhood.
Silver Hotel Group (SHG) is a family-owned Canadian hotel investment, development, and management company. Our portfolio includes hotels in Canada and the U.S., and ranges from internationally branded full and select service hotels to independent and boutique hotels.
At SHG, our culture is fundamental to our success. Each empowered team member strives to exhibit passion, creativity, and fun every day. Together, we are dedicated to delivering exceptional experiences by living our core values as our road map: Accountability, Teamwork, Leadership, Diversity, Integrity, Giving, Fun, Recognition.
As we continue to grow, our mantra “You Matter” resonates with our 600+ team members in how we do business, which will continue to enhance engagement and retention.
Today, we look for new team members who demonstrate both aptitude and the passion to embrace and contribute to our Culture.
Help us build something exceptional!
The ideal candidate will have the ability to interact professionally with Guests and Team Members, a “Can do” attitude, and the desire to learn and advance within the company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Silver Hotel Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.