The Bond Hotel
65 Dundas Street East
Silver Hotel Group (SHG) is a family-owned Canadian hotel investment, development, and management company. Our portfolio includes hotels in Canada and the U.S., and ranges from internationally branded full and select service hotels to independent and boutique hotels.
At SHG, our culture is fundamental to our success. Each empowered team member strives to exhibit passion, creativity, and fun every day. Together, we are dedicated to delivering exceptional experiences by living our core values as our road map: Accountability, Teamwork, Leadership, Diversity, Integrity, Giving, Fun, Recognition.
As we continue to grow, our mantra “You Matter” resonates with our 600+ team members in how we do business, which will continue to enhance engagement and retention.
Today, we look for new team members who demonstrate both aptitude and the passion to embrace and contribute to our Culture.
Help us build something exceptional!
The Bond Hotel:
Located at the footsteps of Yonge and Dundas Square where the adventure begins, The Bond Hotel offers beautifully curated rooms, a bright and social lobby, 285 guest rooms and 5 meeting spaces. Whether you are new to The 6ix or accustomed to Toronto’s vibe, The Bond Hotel provides comfort, service, convenience, and a unique atmosphere when you stay with us.
The hotel is looking for a dynamic, driven and dedicated individual to assume the role of Housekeeping Supervisor. The Housekeeping Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Executive Housekeeper in directing and maintaining the housekeeping department to ensure the clean, orderly and attractive conditions of the hotel by performing the following duties personally or by delegating to housekeepers. The Housekeeping Supervisor assists the Executive Housekeeper to provide overall direction, coordination, support and evaluation of the housekeeping department and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the hotels policies and procedures including: training new employees; planning, assigning and directing work; addressing minor complaints and resolving problems, under the direction of the Executive Housekeeper.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Housekeeper:
- Enforce hotel standards, policies and procedures to assigned staff
- Assist the Executive Housekeeper to prioritize and organize work assignments; delegate work in the absence of the Head Housekeeper
- Assist in the motivation, direction and performance of assigned staff to maintain a cohesive team
- Maintain confidentiality of hotel guest and hotel information
- Ensure security of guest room access and hotel property
- Maintain room quality based on hotel objectives
- Assist in the implementation of the deep cleaning schedule
- Assist with room and common-area inspections to ensure room attendants’ accuracy
- Maintains and assists in upholding proper standards and procedures for clean and safe working conditions in the housekeeping department
- Assist Executive Housekeeper to maintain compliance with Ontario Health & Safety Act and other relevant legislation
In addition to the core job requirements, skill sets and work-related experience; the ideal candidate will illustrate the ability and drive to:
- Drive the corporate culture, personifying it in daily interactions with both guests and team members.
- Be an engaging leader who is highly inclusive, inspiring and able to relate to all levels.
- Create a fun and supportive working environment where team members aspire to do what is right and are given the empowerment to execute
- Ability to handle high-pressure situations
- Exercises good judgment and able to make quick, sound decisions
- Pays attention to detail
- Able to maintain confidentiality of hotel guest and hotel information
- Commitment to guest satisfaction
- Computer literate & MS Office proficient
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work cohesively and responsibility as part of a small team
- Previous hotel housekeeping experience
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Previous housekeeping experience, preferably in a hotel environment
- Organizational, planning skills and the ability to prioritize
- Positive attitude is a must!
- Must be available to work flexible shifts which may include but not limited to days, evenings, overnights, weekends and holidays as required by management.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.