Location: SHG Home Office, Mississauga, Ontario
Silver Hotel Group is currently recruiting for a Human Resources Generalist! This role is responsible for providing support, guidance and direction on HR related matters and initiatives, for up to 3 hotels in SHG’s portfolio, as well as providing administrative support to the HR team. Reporting to the Corporate Director of Human Resources, the role will also provide support on Corporate HR initiatives.
The ideal candidate possesses an unwavering commitment to establish and evolve professional and collaborative relationships and has proven ability to be held accountable for all aspects of the Human Resources role. The ideal candidate will have the leadership skills to handle sensitive issues with diplomacy and integrity, ensuring all decisions made demonstrate savvy business acumen.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as an advocate for our team members and leaders, fostering positive team member relations and helping to provide a favorable climate for continuous and effective employer-team member relations within the select group of hotels;
- Act as a liaison between management and team members to facilitate effective upward and downward communication;
- Provide day-to-day guidance and support to hotel leaders on all HR related matters, including but not limited to recruitment, policy interpretation, conflict resolution, discipline procedures, team member motivation and engagement;
- Provides support to the hotel with coordinating team member recognition programs. (ie: annual celebrations, seasonal theme events etc);
- Represents Silver Hotel Groups interests in the community to the benefit of the company through involvement in community organizations;
- Provides support to hotel leaders and team members in WSIB claims administration, claims management and return to work programs;
- Is fully aware of valid information as it relates to Human Resources, changes in Employment Standards Act, Occupational Health and Safety, Provincial Human Rights Act, WSIB, Bill 168, Labor Relations Act, etc, and provide hotels with appropriate guidance ;
- Ensures HR is a support and resource for all SHG team members and ensures that our culture and company values are role modeled in every interaction and situation;
- Foster relationships that encourage team member feedback and an “open door” policy to identify and address problems or concerns in a timely manner;
- Oversees the maintenance of human resources records, tracking and data;
- Completes other duties and projects as assigned.
In addition to the core job requirements, skill set and work-related experience; the ideal candidate will illustrate the ability and drive to:
- Drive the corporate culture, personifying it in daily interactions with both guests and team members;
- Be an engaging leader who is highly inclusive, inspiring and able to relate to all levels;
- Create a fun and supportive working environment where team members aspire to do what is right and are given the empowerment to execute.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Human Resources or business-related discipline;
- HR certification or working towards certification is a definite asset;
- Minimum 1-2 years of progressive work experience as an HR Coordinator or Generalist, with experience in a hotel environment is a definite asset;
- Previous experience in Hotel operations, in a supervisor capacity, a definite asset;
- Previous experience with labour relations in unionized environments an asset;
- Exemplary relationship building aptitude;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and attitude aligned with SHG’s values and vision;
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced and high-volume environment;
- Flexible, exceptionally well organized;
- Knowledge of Payroll processing programs and standard processing procedures, is an asset;
- Knowledge of employment standards legislation and legal requirements;
- Sound knowledge of Health and Safety practices;
- Demonstrated proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
About Silver Hotel Group
Silver Hotel Group (SHG) is a family-owned Canadian hotel investment, development, and management company. Our portfolio includes hotels in Canada and the U.S., and ranges from internationally branded full and select service hotels to independent and boutique hotels.
At SHG, our culture is fundamental to our success. Each empowered team member strives to exhibit passion, creativity, and fun every day. Together, we are dedicated to delivering exceptional experiences by living our core values as our road map: Accountability, Teamwork, Leadership, Diversity, Integrity, Giving, Fun, Recognition.
As we continue to grow, our mantra “You Matter” resonates with our 700+ team members in how we do business, which will continue to enhance engagement and retention.
Today, we look for new leaders who demonstrate both aptitude and the passion to embrace and contribute to our Culture.
Help us build something exceptional!
The Silver Hotel Group believes in outstanding hospitality and takes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We are committed to respecting the independence and dignity of all persons by providing a barrier-free environment for all guests, colleagues, and job applicants. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Sonia Brock at 905.362.9503.
The Silver Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status or any other characteristics protected by law.