START DATE: ASAP
We are currently recruiting for a Full-Time Maintenance person (Hours will vary dependent on business levels). The successful candidate will be driven and dedicated, possessing the skills necessary to respond quickly to maintenance requests and to maintain the hotel facilities by practicing preventative maintenance and general repairs.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to interact professionally with guests and team members, a ‘can do” attitude, and the desire to learn and advance within the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Chief Engineer, the Maintenance Technician will:
- Respond and attend to guest room and pubic area repair requests – i.e. plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of hardware, electrical equipment including lamps, air conditioners / HVAC and AC ducts.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests.
- Understand and operate advanced electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, and boiler systems.
- Check for new maintenance work orders and get appropriate sign-off once the task is completed.
- Interpret readings from meters & gauges and other measuring units.
- Ensure security of guest room access and hotel property.
- Program TV’s and perform general housekeeping and engineering-related inventory duties.
- Test, troubleshoot and perform basic repairs on maintenance equipment.
- Maintain all tools and equipment in the hotel.
- Analyze problems, identify courses of action, and implement solutions with available resources and to a high degree of quality.
- Be available for any emergencies and act in an engineering capacity to protect guests and associates and preserve the building and its systems during the emergency.
- Monitor fire Alarm / Life Safety System systems as necessary, to be fully informed of the system operation and to handle emergencies involving the systems.
- Read and understand blueprints, schematic drawings, and technical parts breakdown.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- Maintains the hotel facility and related equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Chief Engineer.
- A minimum of 2-5 years technical experience or equivalent in a recognized trade with a general understanding of building maintenance and operation.
- Previous experience in a fast-paced hotel environment would be considered an asset;
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Ability to work within a team environment and a passion to learn and grow in this role;
- Ability to prioritize and multitask;
- Respond to emergency after hour’s maintenance calls;
- Team player and self-starter with strong organizational skills;
- Working knowledge of mechanical systems and operations – ie. chillers, boilers, water softeners, refrigeration, plumbing and electrical;
- Strong problem solving, analytical, creative thinking and decision-making skills;
- Good computer and communication skills;
- Detail oriented with outstanding organizational skills;
This position may require weekend, evening and holiday coverage.
The Silver Hotel Group believes in outstanding hospitality and takes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We are committed to respecting the independence and dignity of all persons by providing a barrier-free environment for all guests, colleagues, and job applicants. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Kevin George, Chief Engineer at 416-362-6061 Ext 6068.
The Silver Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status or any other characteristics protected by law.