Location: Bond Place Hotel located at 65 Dundas Street East, Toronto ON,
We are currently recruiting for Meeting & Events Sales Manager!
The Meeting & Events Sales Manager is responsible for soliciting, negotiating and finalizing group business while maximizing the event space at the Bond Place and Pantages Hotel. If you are a sales superstar and believe that your background and proven skill sets are right for this opportunity, we invite you to review the position description below, and challenge you to respond to this exciting opportunity!
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the General Manager, the Meeting & Events Sales Manager will:
- Be responsible for proactively soliciting and managing group/catering-related opportunities with significant revenue potential;
- Actively up-sell each business opportunity to maximize revenue;
- Achieve personal and team-related revenue goals;
- Ensure business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion to drive and grow customer/guest loyalty by delivering service excellence;
- Target group/catering accounts, markets, or segments with heavy emphasis on proactive solicitation and account saturation;
- Respond to incoming group/catering opportunities for the property;
- Identify, qualify and solicit new group/catering business to achieve personal and property revenue goals;
- Create effective group/catering sales plans and actions;
- Develop, design and sell creative catered events;
- Maximizes revenue by up-selling packages and creative food and beverage;
- Understand the overall market – competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand, etc., and knows how to sell against them;
- Use negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts;
- Build and strengthen relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings;
- Participate in sales calls, site tours, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc;
- Develop relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for group/catering sales opportunities;
- Ensure customer satisfaction before and during their program/event;
- Serve the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceeds their expectations;
- Organize meeting room bookings – details needs including set-ups, food and beverage and audio/visual;
- Communicate group requirements to hotel staff, management;
- Ensure accurate posting of charges, presentation of bill and follow up;
- Conduct walk-in site tours & pre-con meetings;
- Assist hotel management with developing and implementing hotel specific selling strategies;
- Maintain well-documented, accurate, organized and up-to-date file management system in order to serve clients and employer in the most expedient, organized and knowledgeable manner;
- Develop customer profiles and maintains an effective trace system;
- Promptly follow up on all customer needs and inquiries in an efficient and expedient manner;
- Have current knowledge of hotel rates, strategies, discounts and promotions;
- Accurately prepare proposals, contracts, Banquet Event Orders, reports, and other paperwork related to the sales department;
- Perform other tasks or projects as determined.
In addition to the core job requirements, skill sets and work-related experience; the ideal candidate will illustrate the ability and drive to:
- Drive the corporate culture, personifying it in daily interactions with both guests and team members;
- Be an engaging leader who is highly inclusive, inspiring and able to relate to all levels;
- Create a fun and supportive working environment where team members aspire to do what is right and are given the empowerment to execute.
- A minimum 2 years of sales experience, preferably within a hotel environment;
- A proven track record in cultivating business relationships and strong prospecting skills;
- Strong negotiations skills, decision-making, organizational and time management skills;
- Strong hospitality and customer service background;
- Excellent computer, written, verbal and presentation skills;
- Proactive sales approach, assertive, fast-paced, and driven to succeed;
- Must be able to travel and may be required to work evenings and weekends;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Word, Excel and PowerPoint is essential;
- High degree of professionalism and dedication;
- Ability to meet deadlines in a demanding and hectic environment;
- Proficient use of Delphi and other sales software is an asset;
- Must be energetic, enthusiastic, self-motivated and have a business-development keen sense of business;
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada. Please note that the Company is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Silver Hotel Group (SHG) is a family-owned Canadian hotel investment, development, and management company. Our portfolio includes hotels in Canada and the U.S., and ranges from internationally branded full and select service hotels to independent and boutique hotels.
At SHG, our culture is fundamental to our success. Each empowered team member strives to exhibit passion, creativity, and fun every day. Together, we are dedicated to delivering exceptional experiences by living our core values as our road map: Accountability, Teamwork, Leadership, Diversity, Integrity, Giving, Fun, Recognition.
As we continue to grow, our mantra “You Matter” resonates with our 600+ team members in how we do business, which will continue to enhance engagement and retention.
Today, we look for new team members who demonstrate both aptitude and the passion to embrace and contribute to our Culture.
Help us build something exceptional!
The Silver Hotel Group believes in outstanding hospitality and takes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We are committed to respecting the independence and dignity of all persons by providing a barrier-free environment for all guests, colleagues, and job applicants. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources at 416-860-5157.
The Silver Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status or any other characteristics protected by law.