Novotel Toronto Centre
45 The Esplanade
Silver Hotel Group (SHG) is a family-owned Canadian hotel investment, development, and management company. Our portfolio includes hotels in Canada and the U.S., and ranges from internationally branded full and select service hotels to independent and boutique hotels.
At SHG, our culture is fundamental to our success. Each empowered team member strives to exhibit passion, creativity, and fun every day. Together, we are dedicated to delivering exceptional experiences by living our core values as our road map: Accountability, Teamwork, Leadership, Diversity, Integrity, Giving, Fun, Recognition.
As we continue to grow, our mantra “You Matter” resonates with our 600+ team members in how we do business, which will continue to enhance engagement and retention.
Today, we look for new team members who demonstrate both aptitude and the passion to embrace and contribute to our Culture.
Help us build something exceptional!
The ideal candidate will have the ability to interact professionally with guests and team members, a ‘can do” attitude, and the desire to learn and advance within the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Guest Services and Accounting Managers:
- Provides excellent customer service to all guests
- Welcomes and greets all guests, and executes check in and check out procedures
- Answers guest inquiries and provides assistance in a professional manner
- Answers all incoming phone calls and processes new reservations
- Accurately follows all cash handling procedures
- Adheres to all department and Company policies and procedures
- Ensures guest security by proper handling of guest room keys and personal information
- Performs any other job related duties as assigned
- Administers all night audit functions
- Balances all revenue and settlement accounts nightly
- Ensures that all daily transactions are reconciled and accounted for in accordance with set policies and procedures
- Maintains files and resets the system for the next day of operations
- Follows up on guest requests and resolves problems promptly
In addition to the core job requirements, skill sets and work-related experience; the ideal candidate will illustrate the ability and drive to:
- Drive the corporate culture, personifying it in daily interactions with both guests and team members.
- Be an engaging leader who is highly inclusive, inspiring and able to relate to all levels.
- Create a fun and supportive working environment where team members aspire to do what is right and are given the empowerment to execute
- French language proficiency an asset.
- Passion for customer service, enthusiastic, detail oriented, computer literate, fast learner
- Organized and able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Proficient using a computer, good knowledge of excel and basic accounting principles
- Excellent communications skills, written and oral
- Works well under pressure in a changing environment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- OPERA PMS knowledge preferred
- Able to stand for an 8 hour shift
- Must be able to work evenings and overnights including weekends and holidays
- Shift will be 11:00pm to 7:00 am, must be flexible from 9:00pm to 9:00am
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.