The Pantages Hotel Downtown Toronto is currently recruiting for Housekeeping Manager! The primary role of the Housekeeping manager will be to oversee the day-to-day management of the housekeeping and laundry department. The role requires significant time working alongside the Housekeeping team inspecting guest rooms, and front and heart of house areas to ensure the overall cleanliness and presentation standards are met and maintained. A key aspect of the Housekeeping Manager’s role is to provide coaching to the team to ensure consistency in protocols and standards, and to holding team members accountable to the responsibilities of their role.
The Housekeeping Manager will be an engaging leader who is highly inclusive, inspiring and able to relate to all team members, while creating a fun and supportive environment that promotes and recognizing our team members for using their empowerment to create exceptional experiences for our guests. A key role of the Housekeeping Manager is to actively participate on the Health & Safety Committee.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the General Manager and/or their designate, the Housekeeping Manager will:
- Oversee the day-to-day management of the Housekeeping team and drive a culture of performance and high engagement through the development of recognition, training and professional growth and coaching programs;
- Train team members to ensure the consistent application of hotel standards, policies and procedures in the Housekeeping department;
- Act as a coach and mentor to all team members, consistently leading by example and exemplifying the company’s values;
- Conduct daily and monthly team meetings to help maintain an open line of communication and focus on leading the team towards the achievement of the department’s annual goals;
- Prepare weekly work schedule and semi-monthly payroll;
- Monitor and control the department budgets and working schedules to help achieve the hotel’s revenue, labour expense and profit goals are met. Participate in the annual budget preparation as it relates to the housekeeping department;
- Ensure an adequate workforce is maintained at all times;
- Develop and maintain relationship with outside vendors to ensure that adequate supplies are kept on-site;
- Conduct monthly housekeeping inventory and order housekeeping supplies and equipment when required;
- Create and implement a deep cleaning schedule to ensure the upkeep of the asset;
- Recruit, hire, train, mentor and supervise Housekeeping team members with a focus on growth and development;
- Understand and comply with all health and safety rules, regulations and laws. Report unsafe acts or hazardous conditions ensure department equipment is maintained and operated in a safe manner;
- Act as a health and safety leader in the property, report all workplace incidents/accidents or near misses, ensuring PPE is worn when required;
- Ensure team members comply with hotel policies, health and safety procedures and acts a key respondent in emergency situations;
- Ensure all COVID-19 Operating Protocols are followed and that the well-being of our guests and team members is always the priority;
- Perform other duties as assigned including assisting team members with their roles during peak periods, staffing shortages, etc.;
- Liaise with all supporting departments to ensure a seamless experience for our guests, ensuring our vision of passionate people creating exceptional experiences is at the forefront of every interaction;
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by the General Manager.
In addition, the ideal candidate will illustrate the ability and drive to:
- Live the corporate culture, personifying it in daily interactions with both guests and team members;
- Be an engaging team member who is highly inclusive, inspiring and able to relate to all levels;
- Participate in a fun and supportive working environment where team members aspire to do what is right and are given the empowerment to execute.
- Minimum 3-4 years of previous Housekeeping management experience in a hotel environment;
- Diploma or degree in Hospitality Management or Business is a definite asset;
- Strong computer skills, with knowledge of Microsoft Office and Hotel Property Management Systems is an asset;
- Organized, results orientated, proven time management skills and ability to work under pressure;
- Proven experience motivating and inspiring a team to achieve strong performance results;
- Demonstrates strong leadership, team, communication and coaching skills;
- Strong problem solving and creative thinking skills;
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment-maintaining composure and objectivity with guests and team members;
- Experience working within a unionized environment is a definite asset ;
- Available to work nights, weekends and/or holidays as required including Manager-On-Duty shifts;
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada.
The company has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccine Policy which states that successful applicants are required to provide proof of full vaccination or proof of a documented exemption as part of the hiring process. Details of the policy will be discussed as part of the hiring process.
About Pantages Hotel Downtown Toronto
The hotel building was designed by world renowned architect Moshe Safdie, the postmodern limestone building was completed in 2003 to match its surrounding theatre establishments. Pantages Hotel is a boutique hotel with intimate surroundings in the heart of Canada’s Downtown, just steps away from the best shopping, dining and entertainment the city has to offer. Situated in the heart of one of Toronto’s most vibrant neighborhoods, this hotel offers unique rooms with alternative layouts, and different amenities. Floor-to-ceiling windows make a memorable and effortless experience for our travellers. Additionally, Stages Restaurant & Lounge delivers Canadian inspired local flavors and dishes among with a hand-crafted cocktail that’s been expertly shaken.
Silver Hotel Group (SHG) is a family-owned Canadian hotel investment, development, and management company. Our portfolio includes hotels in Canada and the U.S., and ranges from internationally branded full and select service hotels to independent and boutique hotels.
At SHG, our culture is fundamental to our success. Each empowered team member strives to exhibit passion, creativity, and fun every day. Together, we are dedicated to delivering exceptional experiences by living our core values as our road map: Accountability, Teamwork, Leadership, Diversity, Integrity, Giving, Fun, Recognition.
As we continue to grow, our mantra “You Matter” resonates with our 600+ team members in how we do business, which will continue to enhance engagement and retention.
Today, we look for new team members who demonstrate both aptitude and the passion to embrace and contribute to our Culture.
Help us build something exceptional! Successful candidate will be contacted for a virtual interview.
The Silver Hotel Group believes in outstanding hospitality and takes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We are committed to respecting the independence and dignity of all persons by providing a barrier-free environment for all guests, colleagues, and job applicants. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources at 416-886-1706.
The Silver Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status or any other characteristics protected by law.