Silver Hotel Group (SHG) is a family-owned Canadian hotel investment, development, and management company. Our portfolio includes hotels in Canada and the U.S., and ranges from internationally branded full and select service hotels to independent and boutique hotels.
At SHG, our culture is fundamental to our success. Each empowered team member strives to exhibit passion, creativity, and fun every day. Together, we are dedicated to delivering exceptional experiences by living our core values as our road map: Accountability, Teamwork, Leadership, Diversity, Integrity, Giving, Fun, Recognition.
As we continue to grow, our mantra “You Matter” resonates with our 600+ team members in how we do business, which will continue to enhance engagement and retention.
Today, we look for new team members who demonstrate both aptitude and the passion to embrace and contribute to our Culture.
Help us build something exceptional!
We are currently recruiting for a part-time Reservations Agent.
Location: Silver Hotel Group Call Centre 65 Dundas Street East, Toronto, ON M5B 2G8
Reporting to: Central Reservations Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures inbound calls are answered in a professional and courteous manner and that established procedures are adhered to.
- Ensures that proper selling techniques are utilized to sell all represented properties.
- Ensures all paperwork: reservations, emails, and faxing are completed or responded to in a timely fashion.
- Answers all inquiries pertaining to individual hotels; including room types, rate, facilities, as well as surrounding areas.
- Work closely with Guest Services and Cluster Sales Departments to maximize rate and occupancy
- Assists with group coordination – i.e., inputting new group contracts and rooming lists
- Completes all duties as assigned by supervisors and managers
- Fast computer data entry skills required
- Experienced with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Must be able to multi-task with exceptional attention to detail
- Previous experience in customer relations required, hotel experience in reservations or front desk environment preferred but not a prerequisite
- Must have excellent command of the English language, fluency in other languages an asset
- Must be self-motivated and is able to work without supervision
- Applicants must be flexible with work schedule. Position entails various shifts in a 24/7 operation which may include weekends and holidays.
- Diploma in Hotel Management would be considered an asset
- Excellent customer relations and typing skills with professionalism on the telephones.
- Must be detail oriented and have excellent organizations and time-management skills.
- Adaptable to change and be able to handle multiple priorities under pressure.
- Familiarization with property managements systems (PMS) would be an asset.
- Eager and focused to exceed guest expectations.
- Extensive knowledge of downtown Toronto landmarks and attractions would be considered an asset
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.