Location: Radisson Admiral Toronto Harbourfront, 249 Queens Quay West, Toronto, ON M5J 2N5
The Radisson Admiral Toronto Harbourfront is currently recruiting for a Rooms Division Manager! The role is responsible for overseeing the Housekeeping and Front Office Departments. The main duties include providing guidance and support to the Housekeeping and Front Office leaders, ensuring standards are met, managing expenditures and budget, all while driving a culture of exceptional service. We are looking for an experienced, dynamic individual to be a contributing leader of the hotel’s Executive Team.
The successful candidate will be pumped, passionate, tuned-in to what’s happening in the hotel industry, and will play a key role in positioning the hotel as the place to stay. Out-of-the-box thinkers who thrive in creating a fun team environment are encouraged to pursue this exciting opportunity. If you think you have what it takes and are looking to establish yourself as a front-runner in Toronto’s fast-paced hotel market, we invite you to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the General Manager, the Rooms Division Manager’s responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership, direction and support to the Front Office and Housekeeping leaders, and any team members in those departments, in the day-to-day operation of the Hotel;
- Proactively oversee the operation of the Housekeeping and Front Office Departments to maximize financial performance of these areas and continually challenge the team to be the best;
- Develop and maintain a culture of exceptional guest service, with a focus on creating unique experiences for each guest, each and every time;
- Actively participate in interviewing, hiring and training new team members to ensure they receive the coaching and support to be successful in their roles and deliver on our brand promise, Passionate People…Exceptional Experiences;
- Implement processes within the Front Office to improve efficiency and service, while ensuring compliance with company and brand standards. This includes financial operations of the Front Office, implementation of rooms revenue strategies and room inventory management, Reservations, Group billing, PMS, phones and IT systems etc.;
- Establish strong communication channels between Front Desk, Housekeeping and Maintenance to coordinate efforts to increase Rooms Division satisfaction for service and room product;
- Survey and perform property inspections on a regular basis by visually identifying areas of the hotel that require attention, such as guest rooms and public spaces;
- Work with the departments to collectively achieve excellence in the annual Brand Inspections;
- Focus on product and performance, service recovery and problem prevention. Monitor and respond to Social Media as needed, ensuring our brand voice is appropriately represented. Disseminate feedback from comment cards, guest satisfaction and coach accordingly;
- Field guest complaints and conduct research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate to attain a positive guest outcome;
- Work closely with the General Manager monitoring policies and guidelines in the day-to-day operation of the hotel to ensure profitability and consistency. Work with Department Managers to ensure the consistent enforcement of these policies and procedures;
- Be a leader and a role model to all team members. Be visible and approachable. Conduct regular team meetings. Maintain an open-door policy and encourage team member engagement and empowerment.
In addition to the core job requirements, skill sets and work-related experience; the ideal candidate will illustrate the ability and drive to:
- Drive the corporate culture, personifying it in daily interactions with both guests and team members.
- Be an engaging leader who is highly inclusive, inspiring and able to relate to all levels.
- Create a fun and supportive working environment where team members aspire to do what is right and are given the empowerment to execute
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience in hotel environment, with a proven track record of success;
- Degree or Diploma from an accredited University or College in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major;
- Experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, is a definite asset;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong knowledge of property management systems and Office software;
- Strong and proven decision-making capabilities;
- Strong financial acumen with proven experience managing expenses and budget;
- Ability to study, analyze and interpret activities to improve existing practices or develop new approaches;
- Self-motivated and results-driven team player;
- Ability to recruit, supervise, train and motivate an exceptional team, focused on success.
About Radisson Admiral Toronto Harbourfront
Combining the serenity of Lake Ontario with the energy of downtown Toronto, the Radisson Admiral Hotel Toronto-Harbourfront is perfect for business and leisure travelers. The Hotel’s central location provides easy access to events at the Rogers Centre and local transportation hubs, including Billy Bishop Toronto Airport (YTZ) just two kilometres away. As well, Union Station is just a 15-minute walk from the hotel. During the warmer months, guests can lounge in the sun and cool off in the pool at the Lakeview Pool Lounge where they can also treat themselves to cocktails and snacks crafted in-house, while enjoying stunning views of Lake Ontario.
The Radisson Admiral boasts 157 rooms and suites, with wood floors and stylish furnishings, our boutique-style hotel does not disappoint. Guests sleep soundly in a comfortable pillowtop bed and wake to beautiful views of Lake Ontario or the CN Tower. The Hotel’s meeting and event space are the perfect backdrop for business, social and special occasion gatherings.
Silver Hotel Group (SHG) is a family-owned Canadian hotel investment, development, and management company. Our portfolio includes hotels in Canada and the U.S., and ranges from internationally branded full and select service hotels to independent and boutique hotels.
At SHG, our culture is fundamental to our success. Each empowered team member strives to exhibit passion, creativity, and fun every day. Together, we are dedicated to delivering exceptional experiences by living our core values as our road map: Accountability, Teamwork, Leadership, Diversity, Integrity, Giving, Fun, Recognition.
As we continue to grow, our mantra “You Matter” resonates with our 600+ team members in how we do business, which will continue to enhance engagement and retention.
Today, we look for new team members who demonstrate both aptitude and the passion to embrace and contribute to our Culture.
Help us build something exceptional!
The Silver Hotel Group believes in outstanding hospitality and takes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We are committed to respecting the independence and dignity of all persons by providing a barrier-free environment for all guests, colleagues, and job applicants. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Farah Jamil, Regional Human Resources Manager at 416.860.5158 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Silver Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status or any other characteristics protected by law.