Location: The Novotel Toronto Centre, 45 The Esplanade, Toronto, ON M5E 1W2
The Novotel Toronto Centre is currently seeking a Sales Executive. The Sales Executive is responsible for supporting the hotel in an administrative role and managing proactive and reactive group and catering sales efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities
Directly Reporting to the General Manager of Novotel Toronto Centre and SHG Downtown Collection Regional Sales Director, the on-property Sales Executive will:
- Handle all enquires with full completion of enquiry intake form – ensure attention to detail provided to seller for qualification
- Ensures all inquiries are entered in property sales booking system and directed to appropriate seller for client response
- Prepares proposals and contracts as required by the department, complete as per due date assigned by Seller
- Provide direct client/guest contact as first point of contact with a thorough knowledge of all Hotel facilities and services
- Upon receipt of confirmed agreement, ensure payment method and deposit payment is taken to officially guarantee and confirm agreement
- Prepare post group pick-up report for process of commission payment where required
- Ensure efficient and effective file turnover procedures are met for other departments
- Ensures communications are consistent between sales and hotel departments
- Prepare site inspections
- Organizes VIP gifts, stays and welcome amenities
- Prepares daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required
- Oversees account maintenance in Opera
- Distributes all departmental mail and performs general office duties
- Prepare and track gift certificates as directed
- Attends meetings as directed and takes minutes as required
- Maintains an inventory of supplies and collateral
- Promote Accor and SHG awareness to maximize revenue and maintain guest loyalty
- Other duties as assigned by the Downtown Collection Regional Director of Sales and Novotel Toronto Centre General Manager
In addition to the core job requirements, skill sets and work-related experience; the ideal candidate will illustrate the ability and drive to:
- Drive the corporate culture, personifying it in daily interactions with both guests and team members.
- Be an engaging leader who is highly inclusive, inspiring and able to relate to all levels.
- Create a fun and supportive working environment where team members aspire to do what is right and are given the empowerment to execute
- Prior experience in Sales or Conference Services in a Hotel environment strongly preferred;
- At a minimum, prior experience working in Hotels in roles such as Guest Service Agent or Reservations Agent;
- Excellent interpersonal, and communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Excellent attention to detail and proven organizational skills and ability to work effectively in an innovative and multi-tasked environment;
- Ability to meet deadlines in a demanding and hectic environment;
- Must have excellent business writing skills and working knowledge of word, excel, power point and overall efficiency at computers;
- Proficient use of Delphi and other sales software is an asset;
- Must be energetic, enthusiastic, self-motivated and have a business-development keen sense of business;
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada. Please note that the Company is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
About the Novotel Toronto Centre
Newly renovated Novotel Toronto is nestled in the historic district of Old Town Toronto. At Novotel Toronto Centre variety of services makes any stay exceptional with a true European touch. The Hotel is minutes from Toronto’s major attractions, theatre and concert facilities, Harbourfront and a myriad of shopping and dining options. Spacious, contemporary design and adaptable, the Novotel room is truly a place for living. Our unique bedding is a major asset in all 262 rooms of the hotel. Café Nicole & Lounge Bar serves dishes from our simple yet generous menu refreshed in line with the seasons in our comfortable stylish setting. It’s a 4-star comfort in the heart of the St. Lawrence Neighborhood with cobblestone streets and gastronomical international treats from the market.
Silver Hotel Group (SHG) is a family-owned Canadian hotel investment, development, and management company. Our portfolio includes hotels in Canada and the U.S., and ranges from internationally branded full and select service hotels to independent and boutique hotels.
At SHG, our culture is fundamental to our success. Each empowered team member strives to exhibit passion, creativity, and fun every day. Together, we are dedicated to delivering exceptional experiences by living our core values as our road map: Accountability, Teamwork, Leadership, Diversity, Integrity, Giving, Fun, Recognition.
As we continue to grow, our mantra “You Matter” resonates with our 600+ team members in how we do business, which will continue to enhance engagement and retention.
Today, we look for new team members who demonstrate both aptitude and the passion to embrace and contribute to our Culture.
Help us build something exceptional!
The Silver Hotel Group believes in outstanding hospitality and takes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We are committed to respecting the independence and dignity of all persons by providing a barrier-free environment for all guests, colleagues, and job applicants. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources at 416860-5157.
The Silver Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status or any other characteristics protected by law.