60 York Street
The Strathcona Hotel is recruiting for a Sales Executive. The successful candidate will bear responsibilities of the Sales department for the hotel. The role includes working with the hotel team to develop strategies and coordinate programs to optimize guest and employee satisfaction, product quality and revenue opportunities, and ensure the property’s ongoing competitiveness in the market.
The Sales Executive is responsible for sales department activities, including supervising contracts, driving in – house sales campaigns & promotions, managing guest relations, catering sales and related sales performance. This individual will generate leads and co-ordinate with DTH cluster and hotel HOD’s, monitor sales in relation to financial goals, prepare and deliver sales materials, hotel newsletters & direct mail activities for Rooms & Food & Beverage, and organize and/or attend exhibits and other promotions. The Sales Executive is also responsible for leading the SHG Community programs & play a pivotal role as a cheer leader for employee/guest engagement initiatives along with the Guest Service Champions.
We are seeking someone who can bring a new perspective to our offering, if you are that person and feel your background and proven skill sets are right for this opportunity, we invite you to review the position description below and submit your application in accordance with the instructions below.
Duties & Responsibilities
Support the efforts and activities of DTH Sales personnel in alignment with Hotels revenue goals and objectives.
Reporting to the General Manager, this position will:
- Analyze the effectiveness of sales programs; recommend and implement changes based on findings.
- Generate and Monitor records and reports to keep focus on productivity of sales initiatives
- Develop, prepare, and deliver sales materials, newsletters, social media postings, trade show exhibits, monthly FNB promotions, conference appearances, and other promotional programs.
- Assist in annual budget planning; monitor expenditures throughout the fiscal year.
- Maintain relations with major accounts and regular hotel guests
- Act as liaison to DTH cluster for completion of day-to-day administrative and operational issues.
- Develop and implement research activities to enhance sales efficiencies’ and other growth opportunities.
- Manage, and nurture new business accounts and partnerships to accomplish profit and volume goals.
- Communicate brand identity internally, key accounts, and the customer base at large.
- Conduct sales forecasts and weekly and/or monthly status reports.
- Execute group and corporate contracts and rooming lists.
- Welcome VIPs.
- Update digital signage daily with meetings and in-house promotions.
- Attend meetings/training as required
- High School diploma or equivalent required and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred but not necessary
- At least 2 years of progressive customer service/sales experience
- Computer knowledge/skills required.
- Experience with Delphi not necessary but will be an asset.
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and customers.
- Problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to create and edit sales materials and presentations.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to coordinate and organize meetings, exhibits, and other events.
- Strong Customer Focus
- Superb Communication skills
- High Energy
- Efficient Time Management & prioritizing skill
- Adaptability/ Flexibility
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Decision Making and Judgement
- Planning and Organizing
- Administrative skills (filing, follow ups)
- Problem Solving
- Result Focus
- Accountability and Dependability
- Ethics and Integrity
- Negotiation skills
- Providing Consultation
- Enforcing SOP’s, Rules and Regulations
- Development and Continual Learning
- Some travel may be required.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Able to conduct presentations, site inspections and meetings.
About The Strathcona Hotel
Situated in downtown Toronto, the Strathcona Hotel is conveniently connected to all of the main transportation hubs. Within walking distance, guests will delight in world famous attractions like the CN Tower, Ripley’s Aquarium, Rogers Centre, and more! The Strathcona hotel landed in its current location in 1933, boasting a rich history and unique offerings like a fruit shop and saloon-style bar that locals and guests would frequent. The Strathcona Hotel is a mainstay in Toronto’s downtown core and welcomes guests both locally and globally. Boasting 194 guest rooms, a vintage pub, and the York Street Cafe, the Hotel is just a few short steps from connecting guests anywhere they want to go.
About Silver Hotel Group
At SHG, our culture is fundamental to our success. Each empowered team member strives to exhibit passion, creativity, and fun every day. Together, we are dedicated to delivering exceptional experiences by living our core values as our road map: Accountability, Teamwork, Leadership, Diversity, Integrity, Giving, Fun, Recognition. Silver Hotel Group (SHG) is a family-owned Canadian hotel investment, development, and management company. Our portfolio includes hotels in Canada and the U.S., and ranges from internationally branded full and select service hotels to independent and boutique hotels.
As we continue to grow, our mantra “You Matter” resonates with our 600+ team members in how we do business, which will continue to enhance engagement and retention.
Today, we look for new team members who demonstrate both aptitude and the passion to embrace and contribute to our Culture.
Help us build something exceptional!
The Silver Hotel Group believes in outstanding hospitality and takes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We are committed to respecting the independence and dignity of all persons by providing a barrier-free environment for all guests, colleagues, and job applicants. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process.
The Silver Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status or any other characteristics protected by law.