Silver Hotel Group is currently recruiting for Food & Beverage Manager who will provide day-to-day support to multiple hotels in the SHG portfolio, in downtown Toronto. As our industry recovers from the pandemic and business volumes normalize, the F&B Manager will be placed in one of our operating hotels to oversee and lead the front of house Food & Beverage operation. Silver Hotel Group provides opportunity for growth with both branded and independent hotels within the GTA.
The Food & Beverage Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the front of house F&B experience which includes the restaurant, bar and event and banquet spaces. This includes coordinating all phases of meeting and social functions held at the Hotel and assisting clients with the successful execution of their event. This position is also responsible for overseeing the day-day-day operation of the Hotel restaurant, ensuring the dining experience is exceptional and reflective of the standards our guests have come to expect from us. This position requires exceptionally strong communication and a collaborative approach with all hotel leadership team members and departmental teams, while sharing their flare for style and design.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Regional Director of Food & Beverage, the Food & Beverage Manager will:
- Oversee the day-to-day leadership of the front of house Food & Beverage operation, which includes Banquets and Outlets;
- Responsible for ensuring the Hotel Restaurant and Bar provides service that exceeds customer expectations, for all meal periods;
- Responsible for ensuring all hotel Banquet events are executed as per the Banquet Event Order and meets the clients needs, including adjusting service to meet last minute requests;
- Drive a culture of performance and high engagement through recognition, training and coaching;
- Develop, train, communicate and reinforce the service vision and standards to team members and coach them in supporting the successful execution of the vision;
- Consistently display exceptional leadership by providing a positive work environment, counselling team members as appropriate and demonstrating a dedicated and professional approach to managing a team;
- Responsible for ensuring weekly schedules are prepared to meet the needs of the operation and of all upcoming events, while still managing labour costs;
- Develop and implement operating standards for the Restaurant and Banquet teams, including training programs and SOP’s;
- Identify and resolve all guest concerns/complaints to ensure the brand promise delivered; coach and empower team members to do the same;
- Demonstrate a high level of commitment to processes that allow team members to provide service that is aligned with our vision of creating exceptional experiences;
- Perform other duties as assigned including assisting team member with their roles during peak periods;
- Liaise with all supporting departments to ensure a seamless experience for our guests, ensuring our vision of passionate people creating exceptional experiences is at the forefront of every interaction;
- Perform other duties as assigned by reporting manager.
In addition to the core job requirements, skill sets and work-related experience; the ideal candidate will illustrate the ability and drive to:
- Drive the corporate culture, personifying it in daily interactions with both guests and team members;
- Be an engaging leader who is highly inclusive, inspiring and able to relate to all levels;
- Create a fun and supportive working environment where team members aspire to do what is right and are given the empowerment to execute.
Note: A detailed job description will be discussed during the interview process.
- 3-5 years’ experience as Food & Beverage leader, preferably within a full-service hotel environment;
- University or College diploma in a Hospitality is a definite asset;
- Brings a hands-on approach to training and a leadership style committed to developing and motivating the team to attain a superior level of guest service;
- Proven experience leading a team in servicing large functions;
- Experience working in unionized environment is a definite asset;
- Strong computer skills, with knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential;
- Organized, results orientated, proven time management skills and ability to work under pressure;
- Proven experience motivating and inspiring a team to achieve strong performance results;
- Demonstrates strong leadership, team, communication and coaching skills;
- Strong problem solving and creative thinking skills;
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment-maintaining composure and objectivity with guests and team members;
- Available to work nights, weekends and/or holidays as required, including occasional Manager-On-Duty shifts;
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada.
The company has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccine Policy which states that successful applicants are required to provide proof of full vaccination or proof of a documented exemption as part of the hiring process. Details of the policy will be discussed as part of the hiring process.
Silver Hotel Group (SHG) is a family-owned Canadian hotel investment, development, and management company. Our portfolio includes hotels in Canada and the U.S., and ranges from internationally branded full and select service hotels to independent and boutique hotels.
At SHG, our culture is fundamental to our success. Each empowered team member strives to exhibit passion, creativity, and fun every day. Together, we are dedicated to delivering exceptional experiences by living our core values as our road map: Accountability, Teamwork, Leadership, Diversity, Integrity, Giving, Fun, Recognition.
As we continue to grow, our mantra “You Matter” resonates with our 600+ team members in how we do business, which will continue to enhance engagement and retention.
Today, we look for new team members who demonstrate both aptitude and the passion to embrace and contribute to our Culture.
Help us build something exceptional! Successful candidate will be contacted for a virtual interview.
The Silver Hotel Group believes in outstanding hospitality and takes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We are committed to respecting the independence and dignity of all persons by providing a barrier-free environment for all guests, colleagues, and job applicants. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources at 416-886-1706.
The Silver Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status or any other characteristics protected by law.