Silver Hotel Group is currently recruiting for an ambitious and talented Marketing Brand Manager! Reporting to the Corporate Director of Marketing, Marketing Brand Manager is responsible for contributing to the development and execution of branded solutions, innovation platforms, strategies, communications, and commercial programs. The Marketing Brand Manager works closely with the Director of Marketing and the Sales team to identify current and future requirements to drive occupancy and revenue rates for SHG’s hotel portfolio properties, recommending, developing, implementing and driving execution of marketing plans and activities in order to meet those needs. As the brand ambassador, the Marketing Brand Manager ensures brand integrity across all marketing initiatives and communications for independent and franchise hotels, all while keeping all brand content innovative and fresh.
Note: The role is part of our Regional Office, which is located in Mississauga, however, the successful candidate will spend their time based out of any of our downtown Toronto Hotels. The successful candidate must have the ability to travel between properties, including those located outside the GTA.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Corporate Director of Marketing, the responsibilities of the Marketing Brand Manager include:
- Working with the Director of Marketing to develop the marketing compaigns, in collaboration with sales and other cross-functional departments to achieve business objectives and employ best-practice marketing strategies using all elements of the marketing mix;
- Oversee and drive the execution of all marketing activity;
- Be the SHG brand ambassador supporting and promoting the brand vision, mission and values for independent and franchise hotels, while ensuring all marketing activities are aligned and adhere to brand guidelines and requirements;
- Working with hotel teams to ensure brand compliance and monitor hotel performance to ensure that brand vision is being executed;
- Understand and communicate the unique selling propositions of the various brands in the SHG portfolio;
- Drive organizational and customer engagement and passion for the SHG brand, strategy, and future initiatives;
- Work with the sales and marketing/engagement teams to develop consumer insights through internal, external, primary and secondary data sources, and translate insights into actionable consumer driven marketing plans;
- Effectively manage agency relationships and ensure marketing programs and activities are executed in full and on time. Ensure the integration of all elements of the marketing mix, driving cohesive and impactful messaging and trademark consistency in all communications;
- Work with the Director of Marketing to evaluate market reactions to marketing programs to ensure the timely adjustment of marketing strategy and plans to meet changing market and competitive conditions;
- Track, evaluate and analyze marketing initiatives and activities for effectiveness and determine the best ways to optimize future efforts;
- As a key member of the Marketing Team, effectively contribute to meetings, decisions and strategies as well as representing the business in a positive and professional manner at all times;
- Leverage marketing expertise and peer respect to influence marketing direction. Consistently ensure business communication is aligned with SHG’s key values of Accountability, Integrity, Teamwork, Giving, Leadership, Fun, Diversity and Recognition;
- Contribute to the marketing budget planning process;
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
In addition to the core job requirements, skill sets and work-related experience; the Brand Manager will illustrate the ability and drive to:
- Drive the corporate culture, personifying it in daily interactions with both guests and team members;
- Be an engaging leader who is inclusive, inspiring and able to relate to all levels;
- Create a fun and supportive working environment where team members aspire to do what is right and are given the empowerment to execute.
- Marketing degree (or other relevant degree) or certificate from an accredited university or college;
- 3-5 years progressive experience in marketing, preferably in the hospitality industry (or related industry);
- Proven ability to identify and leverage consumer insights;
- Passionate about driving brand growth by better meeting consumer needs;
- Able to make tough, informed decisions quickly to keep performance on track;
- Experience liaising and collaborating with an external marketing agency, writing creative briefs;
- Proven track record of content creation and program development;
- Demonstrates positive energy to effectively represent the brand internally and externally;
- Strong analytical, decision making, influence, and communication skills;
- Proven experience in creating and delivering campaigns both online and offline;
- Excellent collaboration skills, with a team-oriented mentality;
- Proven experience writing and editing creative emails, print marketing materials, social media content, website content etc.;
- Ability to manage time and prioritize work to meet demanding timelines;
- Demonstrated sense of accountability, detail oriented and analytical;
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the role and business.
The company has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccine Policy which states that successful applicants are required to provide proof of full vaccination or proof of a documented exemption as part of the hiring process. Details of the policy will be discussed during interviews.
Silver Hotel Group (SHG) is a family-owned Canadian hotel investment, development, and management company. Our portfolio includes hotels in Canada and the U.S., and ranges from internationally branded full and select service hotels to independent and boutique hotels.
At SHG, our culture is fundamental to our success. Each empowered team member strives to exhibit passion, creativity, and fun every day. Together, we are dedicated to delivering exceptional experiences by living our core values as our road map: Accountability, Teamwork, Leadership, Diversity, Integrity, Giving, Fun, Recognition.
As we continue to grow, our mantra “You Matter” resonates with our 600+ team members in how we do business, which will continue to enhance engagement and retention.
Today, we look for new team members who demonstrate both aptitude and the passion to embrace and contribute to our Culture.
Help us build something exceptional!
The Silver Hotel Group believes in outstanding hospitality and takes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We are committed to respecting the independence and dignity of all persons by providing a barrier-free environment for all guests, colleagues, and job applicants. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources at 416-886-1706.
The Silver Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status or any other characteristics protected by law.