The Anndore House
15 Charles Street E, Toronto
Well before The Anndore House was introduced as one of Toronto’s primo gathering hot spots, it was home to eccentric personalities and local celebs. Since relaunching our House, we’ve managed to fuse our quirky past with modern style. Those looking to exercise their creative animal need look no further, as The Anndore House willingly looks to share our passion for art and culture to kindred spirits.
Our goal, with your help, is to provide a place where guests can hang with locals and immerse themselves in the neighborhood with vibrant, welcoming public spaces.
We are looking for a full-time Night Manager to join the team!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the General Manager (or designate), the Night Manager will:
- Delivers exceptional guest experiences by ensuring that the Guest Experience Department is meeting or exceeding service standards;
- Acts as a management representative and on behalf of General Manager during the overnight shift;
- Recruits, hires, and terminates guest services personnel as required, with the approval of the General Manager;
- Schedules the front office staff and supervises workload during overnight shifts;
- Evaluates the job performance of each night auditor;
- Maintains working relationships and communication with all departments;
- Manages emergency procedures during the overnight shift;
- Verifies that accurate room status information is maintained and properly communicated;
- Resolves guest problems quickly, efficiently, and courteously;
- Receives information from the previous shift manger and passes on pertinent details to the oncoming manager;
- Process the night audit and reconciles all accounts and ledgers;
- Ensures the implementation of all hotel policies and house rules;
- Operates all aspects of Front Office computer system, including software maintenance, report generation and analysis, and simple configuration changes;
- Monitors all V.I.P ‘s special guests and requests;
- Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises;
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and team members;
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information;
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures;
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by the General Manager.
- Work varying shifts; mainly overnight shifts with the flexibility to work during weekends, and holidays.
- Work indoors throughout shift, in temperature-controlled, clean, and well-lit office and Front Desk area.
- Stands/walks short to long distances consistently throughout the shift;
- Occasionally sits at desk throughout the shift;
- Frequent use of phones daily;
- Consistent of computers;
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- A minimum 4 years of progressive experience in a hotel or related field; or a 2-year college degree and a minimum of 2 years of progressive experience in a related field;
- Previous supervisory responsibilities preferred;
- Experience working with Opera PMS an asset;
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all levels of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous, and service oriented manner;
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests;
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines
Silver Hotel Group (SHG) is a family-owned Canadian hotel investment, development, and management company. Our portfolio includes hotels in Canada and the U.S., and ranges from internationally branded full and select service hotels to independent and boutique hotels.
At SHG, our culture is fundamental to our success. Each empowered team member strives to exhibit passion, creativity, and fun every day. Together, we are dedicated to delivering exceptional experiences by living our core values as our road map: Accountability, Teamwork, Leadership, Diversity, Integrity, Giving, Fun, Recognition.
As we continue to grow, our mantra “You Matter” resonates with our 600+ team members in how we do business, which will continue to enhance engagement and retention.
Today, we look for new team members who demonstrate both aptitude and the passion to embrace and contribute to our Culture.
Help us build something exceptional!
Silver Hotel Group is committed to providing accessible employment practices, in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). If you have accommodation requests related to your employment at Silver Hotel Group, please contact the undersigned. As part of your orientation to your role, you will receive training on the AODA and related SHG policies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.