The Valhalla Hotel & Conference Centre Thunder Bay is currently recruiting for a Night Auditor! Reporting to the Director of Rooms, the Night Auditor will perform all Front Office duties, including the night audit process, during the overnight shift.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director of Rooms and/or their designate:
- Manage and administer all phases of the night audit and income audit process;
- Ensure all revenues are balanced and accounts are settled;
- Ensure that all daily transactions are reconciled and accounted for in accordance with set policies and procedures;
- Ensure that guests have the best possible experience by ensuring a warm and welcoming demeanor at every interaction;
- Resolve any guest concerns during the overnight shift and communicate accordingly with the appropriate department to ensure proper follow-through;
- Provide a seamless and exceptional check-in and check-out experience for all guests, specifically late arrivals and early departures;
- Accurately manage all cash handling procedures;
- Ensure guest security by proper handling of guest room keys and personal information;
- Act as a key respondent to all emergency situations during the overnight shift;
- Will be required to drive the Hotel shuttle to/from the airport, as needed;
- Liaise with all supporting departments to ensure a seamless experience for our guests, ensuring our vision of passionate people creating exceptional experiences is at the forefront of every interaction;
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by the Director of Rooms and/or designate.
- Completion of Post Secondary education in Hospitality, either a degree or Diploma in Hospitality or Business Management is a strong asset;
- Demonstrated experience working as a Hotel Guest Service Agent or Night Auditor is a definite asset and strongly recommended. Candidates without this experience will not be considered;
- Demonstrated exceptional guest/customer service skills with a passion for anticipating and exceeding guest expectations;
- Friendly and cooperative disposition and easily able to work cooperatively with team members;
- Strong administrative, organizational and time management skills;
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal;
- Exceptional analytical skills to prepare reports and to solve routine accounting problems;
- Strong knowledge of Property Management Systems is a definite asset;
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment-maintaining composure and objectivity with guests and team members;
- This is an overnight role, with regularly scheduled weekends and holidays;
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada.
The company has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccine Policy which states that successful applicants are required to provide proof of full vaccination or proof of a documented exemption as part of the hiring process. Details of the policy will be discussed as part of the hiring process.
About Valhalla Hotel & Conference Centre Thunder Bay
The Valhalla Hotel is both the largest full-service hotel in Northwestern Ontario and the most unique. Located just minutes away from the Thunder Bay Airport and near to some of the city’s main attractions, The Valhalla Hotel is perfectly situated for any travelling to Thunder Bay.
With a wide array of accommodations ranging from Executive Suites to Family Rooms and even Pet-Friendly Rooms, the Hotel boasts 265 rooms meeting every traveler’s needs. The Hotel is slated to begin a full renovation in 2021.
Silver Hotel Group (SHG) is a family-owned Canadian hotel investment, development, and management company. Our portfolio includes hotels in Canada and the U.S., and ranges from internationally branded full and select service hotels to independent and boutique hotels.
At SHG, our culture is fundamental to our success. Each empowered team member strives to exhibit passion, creativity, and fun every day. Together, we are dedicated to delivering exceptional experiences by living our core values as our road map: Accountability, Teamwork, Leadership, Diversity, Integrity, Giving, Fun, Recognition.
As we continue to grow, our mantra “You Matter” resonates with our 600+ team members in how we do business, which will continue to enhance engagement and retention.
Today, we look for new team members who demonstrate both aptitude and the passion to embrace and contribute to our Culture.
Help us build something exceptional! Successful candidates will be invited to a virtual interview!
The Silver Hotel Group believes in outstanding hospitality and takes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We are committed to respecting the independence and dignity of all persons by providing a barrier-free environment for all guests, colleagues, and job applicants. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources at (807) 577-1121.
The Silver Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status or any other characteristics protected by law.