Location: 1 Valhalla Inn Road, Thunder Bay, Ontario, P7E 6J1
The Valhalla Inn Thunder Bay is currently recruiting for a Food & Beverage Manager! The role is responsible for leading the ongoing day-to-day operation of the Restaurant and Banquet departments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the day-to-day leadership of the Restaurant & Banquets teams, which includes driving a culture of performance and high engagement through recognition, training and coaching;
- Develop, train, communicate and reinforce the service vision and standards to team members and coach them in supporting the execution of the vision;
- Actively participate and provide input on F&B Marketing activities, supporting the team in every way possible to drive the marketing strategies;
- Regular competitive analysis of F&B pricing in the market, gathering data to help inform the Hotel’s F&B strategic direction;
- Responsible for ensuring the purchasing of all required items for the F&B division is taken care of and that costs are managed accordingly;
- Work closely with catering sales and conference services to ensure that client functions are executed to the specifications and standards that exceed their expectations;
- Consistently display exceptional leadership by providing a positive work environment, counselling team members as appropriate and demonstrating a dedicated and professional approach to managing a team;
- Work collaboratively with other Hotel leaders to achieve budged food sales, beverage sales, labour costs and profitability;
- Identify and resolve all guest concerns/complaints to ensure the brand promise is delivered; coach and empower team members to do the same;
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
In addition to the core job requirements, skill sets and work-related experience; the ideal candidate will illustrate the ability and drive to:
- Drive the corporate culture, personifying it in daily interactions with both guests and team members;
- Be an engaging leader who is highly inclusive, inspiring and able to relate to all levels;
- Create a fun and supportive working environment where team members aspire to do what is right and are given the empowerment to execute.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a Food & Beverage Manager or Supervisor capacity;
- Strong preference will be given to candidates who have Restaurant and Banquet experience;
- University or College diploma in business management or a hospitality field;
- Brings a hands-on approach to training and a leadership style committed to developing and motivating the F&B team to attain a superior level of guest service;
- Proven experience in menu and service design;
- Experience working in unionized environment is a definite asset;
- Strong computer skills, with knowledge of Microsoft Office and Hotel Property Management Systems is essential;
- Organized, results orientated, proven time management skills and ability to work under pressure;
- Proven experience motivating and inspiring a team to achieve strong performance results;
- Demonstrates strong leadership, team, communication and coaching skills;
- Strong problem solving and creative thinking skills;
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment-maintaining composure and objectivity with guests and team members;
- Available to work nights, weekends and/or holidays as required, including occasional Manager-On-Duty shifts.
About Valhalla Inn Thunder Bay
The Valhalla Inn is both the largest full-service hotel in Northwestern Ontario and the most unique. Located just minutes away from the Thunder Bay International Airport and near to some of the city’s main attractions, The Valhalla Inn is perfectly situated for any travelling to Thunder Bay.
With a wide array of accommodations ranging from Executive Suites to Family Rooms and even Pet-Friendly Rooms, the Hotel boasts 265 rooms meeting every traveler’s needs. The Hotel is slated to begin a full renovation in 2021.
Silver Hotel Group (SHG) is a family-owned Canadian hotel investment, development, and management company. Our portfolio includes hotels in Canada and the U.S., and ranges from internationally branded full and select service hotels to independent and boutique hotels.
At SHG, our culture is fundamental to our success. Each empowered team member strives to exhibit passion, creativity, and fun every day. Together, we are dedicated to delivering exceptional experiences by living our core values as our road map: Accountability, Teamwork, Leadership, Diversity, Integrity, Giving, Fun, Recognition.
As we continue to grow, our mantra “You Matter” resonates with our 600+ team members in how we do business, which will continue to enhance engagement and retention.
Today, we look for new team members who demonstrate both aptitude and the passion to embrace and contribute to our Culture.
Help us build something exceptional! Successful candidates will be invited to a virtual interview!
The Silver Hotel Group believes in outstanding hospitality and takes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We are committed to respecting the independence and dignity of all persons by providing a barrier-free environment for all guests, colleagues, and job applicants. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Melissa Gillard at (807) 577-1121.
The Silver Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status or any other characteristics protected by law.