1 Valhalla Inn Road
Thunder Bay, Ontario, P7E 6J1
The Valhalla Inn Thunder Bay is currently recruiting for a Sales Manager! This role is responsible for establishing, maintaining and managing strong, comfortable relationships with existing, past and future guests while at the same time maximizing revenue. The Sales Manager will identify and anticipate guest needs, while delivering a warm and caring experience. There will be a strong focus on converting inbound inquiries into sales and that actualize, while delivering an exceptional guest experience and building guest loyalty. The Sales Manager will directly contribute to our goal of growing revenue and improving our competitive position, while working closely with the Director of Sales to develop and implement strategies and plans to achieve business goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Sales, the Sales Manager will:
- Work closely with the Director of Sales to solicit, negotiate and secure new clients, while maintaining current client relationships;
- Manage and convert inbound sales inquiries from all channels, pass any new leads developed through contacts to appropriate team members;
- Coordinate with various hotel departments related to book business to ensure our service exceeds customer expectations and achieve hotel profitability goals;
- Assist in developing and implementing promotional projects in assigned market areas to increase sales volume and profitability;
- Participate in activities inside and outside of the hotel to network, build relationships and secure new business. This includes attending events, conducting outside sales calls, organizing sales missions and blitzes, and conducting hotel tours to showcase our product and services;
- Manage and convert inbound sales inquiries from all channels, pass any new leads developed through contacts to appropriate team member;
- While working closely with the Director of Sales, negotiate pricing and concessions for accounts/functions;
- Achieve and exceed revenue quota on a monthly and quarterly basis;
- Achieve weekly activity goals: sites, prospecting calls, entertainment, sales calls;
- Liaise with all supporting departments to ensure a seamless experience for our guests, ensuring our vision of passionate people creating exceptional experiences is at the forefront of every interaction;
- Identify and resolve any guest concerns/complaints to ensure the brand promise is delivered; work collaboratively with other departments to implement changes where necessary;
- A key strategy for the Sales Manager’s success is having a strong presence in the local market and maintaining positive client relationships, while also being a team player with a forward thinking and collaborative mindset;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
In addition to the core job requirements, skill sets and work-related experience; the ideal candidate will illustrate the ability and drive to:
- Drive the corporate culture, personifying it in daily interactions with both guests and team members;
- Be an engaging leader who is highly inclusive, inspiring and able to relate to all levels;
- Create a fun and supportive working environment where team members aspire to do what is right and are given the empowerment to execute.
- 2-3 years of hospitality experience or comparable sales experience, Hotel environment preferred;
- Experience managing and maintaining guest/client relationships;
- Diploma or degree in Hospitality Management or Business, is a definite asset;
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a team environment with several divisions/departments;
- Proven experience facilitating presentations to potential clients, team member and the public;
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, listening);
- Strong computer skills, with knowledge of Microsoft Office and Hotel Property Management Systems is a definite asset;
- Organized, results orientated, proven time management skills and ability to work under pressure;
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment-maintaining composure and objectivity with guests and team members;
- Class G Drivers license;
- Travel as required;
- Available to work nights, weekends and/or holidays as required, including occasional Manager-On-Duty shifts.
About Valhalla Inn Thunder Bay:
The Valhalla Inn is both the largest full-service hotel in Northwestern Ontario and the most unique. Located just minutes away from the Thunder Bay International Airport and near to some of the city’s main attractions, The Valhalla Inn is perfectly situated for any travelling to Thunder Bay.
With a wide array of accommodations ranging from Executive Suites to Family Rooms and even Pet-Friendly Rooms, the Hotel boasts 265 rooms meeting every traveler’s needs. The Hotel is slated to begin a full renovation in 2021.
Silver Hotel Group (SHG) is a family-owned Canadian hotel investment, development, and management company. Our portfolio includes hotels in Canada and the U.S., and ranges from internationally branded full and select service hotels to independent and boutique hotels.
At SHG, our culture is fundamental to our success. Each empowered team member strives to exhibit passion, creativity, and fun every day. Together, we are dedicated to delivering exceptional experiences by living our core values as our road map: Accountability, Teamwork, Leadership, Diversity, Integrity, Giving, Fun, Recognition.
As we continue to grow, our mantra “You Matter” resonates with our 600+ team members in how we do business, which will continue to enhance engagement and retention.
Today, we look for new team members who demonstrate both aptitude and the passion to embrace and contribute to our Culture.
Help us build something exceptional! Successful candidates will be invited to a virtual interview!
The Silver Hotel Group believes in outstanding hospitality and takes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We are committed to respecting the independence and dignity of all persons by providing a barrier-free environment for all guests, colleagues, and job applicants. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources at (807) 577-1121.
The Silver Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status or any other characteristics protected by law.