Location: Silver Hotel Group Home Office, 5830 Campus Road, Mississauga, ON, L4V 1G2
Silver Hotel Group is currently recruiting for a hardworking and talented Vice President of Finance! Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the VP of Finance will be responsible for overseeing the Finance activities within an exciting, fast-growing Toronto-based hospitality company.
As a senior member of the management team, the successful candidate will work with company ownership and leaders to help support the organization structure and planned growth of the company’s operations. The successful candidate will have a financial mind with honed strategic, analytic and interpersonal skills that make them a strong leader and coach.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the responsibilities of the VP of Finance include:
- Manage and oversee Accounting Department and all financial systems and controls;
- Optimize and align the finance team structure to organizational requirements;
- Staff and lead a high performing team of individuals, sensitive to progressing a culture consistent with SHG’s mission and values, including development, mentoring and coaching;
- Develop and enforce a best practices-oriented structure for the entire finance function, and set policies and procedures for reporting and controls;
- Manage the implementation and enforcement of internal controls, in accordance with regulatory guidelines, best practices and the law;
- Develop and monitor all Financial KPI (Key Performance Indicators);
- Maintain banking and alternate financing relationships;
- Maintain relationships with strategic partners including lawyers, accountants, real estate brokers, investment and industry partners;
- Monitor investments and provide strategic, pro-active guidance to optimize returns;
- Provide ongoing financial analysis and tax advice to the ownership group;
- Oversee financial components of acquisitions and organic expansion;
- Manage all legal agreements, Real Estate Leases (Risk management);
- Remain current and advise ownership group of industry-specific legislation and regulatory requirements related to the business;
- Participate in management and strategic planning activities;
- Comply will all jurisdictional reporting requirements, in all geographies;
- Oversee Financial Planning, Analysis and cash flow management and Develop and maintain a comprehensive process for financial planning, analysis and related forecasting (including rolling twelve-month cash forecast);
- Oversee the monthly close and reconciliation process;
- Manage the completion of external audit and coordination of information to auditors for review;
- Lead the organization’s budgeting and planning process, establishing budget tools, timelines and ensuring accurate and comprehensive completion;
- Oversee tax filings of Canadian federal and provincial income, sales, GST/HST tax returns;
- Create tax planning initiatives to ensure the retention and improvement of financial strength and competitive position of the organization. Be abreast of changes in regulatory compliance with statutory bodies. Act as the conduit for all tax requirements, including liaising with lawyers, tax advisor and accountants;
- Develop, implement and upgrade financial systems as required; and,
- Manage special projects as assigned by the President and Executive Committee.
In addition to the core job requirements, skill sets and work-related experience; the Brand Director will illustrate the ability and drive to:
- Drive the corporate culture, personifying it in daily interactions with both guests and team members;
- Be an engaging leader who is inclusive, inspiring and able to relate to all levels;
- Create a fun and supportive working environment where team members aspire to do what is right and are given the empowerment to execute.
Education & Experience
- Post-secondary degree in Business, Finance, Commerce and/or related disciplines.
- CA/CPA/CMA or other Senior Professional Accounting designation.
- 3+ years’ experience in high level Finance position
- Experience in acquisitions and financing an asset.
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent written and verbal/communication skills.
- Superior knowledge of finance, taxation & financial systems/controls.
- Excellent people management and organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong leadership and relationship skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and attitude aligning with company values and vision.
- Discretion; ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy on all business matters.
- Flexibility; responsive/willing to work flexible hours and travel on occasion.
- Accountable and responsible for actions and achievements.
- Driven, energetic self-starter.
- Represents the company in a positive and professional manner.
Silver Hotel Group (SHG) is a family-owned Canadian hotel investment, development, and management company. Our portfolio includes hotels in Canada and the U.S., and ranges from internationally branded full and select service hotels to independent and boutique hotels.
At SHG, our culture is fundamental to our success. Each empowered team member strives to exhibit passion, creativity, and fun every day. Together, we are dedicated to delivering exceptional experiences by living our core values as our road map: Accountability, Teamwork, Leadership, Diversity, Integrity, Giving, Fun, Recognition.
As we continue to grow, our mantra “You Matter” resonates with our 600+ team members in how we do business, which will continue to enhance engagement and retention.
Today, we look for new team members who demonstrate both aptitude and the passion to embrace and contribute to our Culture.
Help us build something exceptional!
The Silver Hotel Group believes in outstanding hospitality and takes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We are committed to respecting the independence and dignity of all persons by providing a barrier-free environment for all guests, colleagues, and job applicants. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources at 416-886-1706.
The Silver Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status or any other characteristics protected by law.