Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre
200 Victoria Street
Silver Hotel Group (SHG) is a family-owned Canadian hotel investment, development, and management company. Our portfolio includes hotels in Canada and the U.S., and ranges from internationally branded full and select service hotels to independent and boutique hotels.
At SHG, our culture is fundamental to our success. Each empowered team member strives to exhibit passion, creativity, and fun every day. Together, we are dedicated to delivering exceptional experiences by living our core values as our road map: Accountability, Teamwork, Leadership, Diversity, Integrity, Giving, Fun, Recognition.
As we continue to grow, our mantra “You Matter” resonates with our 600+ team members in how we do business, which will continue to enhance engagement and retention.
Today, we look for new team members who demonstrate both aptitude and the passion to embrace and contribute to our Culture.
Help us build something exceptional!
We are currently recruiting for a full-time Maintenance Technician for Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre. Reporting to the Chief Engineer, the successful candidate will be driven and dedicated, possessing the skills necessary to respond quickly to maintenance requests and to maintain the hotel facilities by practicing preventative maintenance and general repairs.
If you are a creative individual who thrives in an environment where you can optimize processes and efficiency by testing new ideas/strategies to drive business, we encourage you to take advantage of this exciting opportunity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the repair and maintenance of the interior and exterior of the hotel while following the Company’s standards for quality, cleanliness, guest satisfaction, and safety and security.
- Daily duties include, but is not limited to the following: identifying and rectifying general maintenance issues such as repainting walls, drywall repairs, fixing broken furniture and equipment, fixing minor electrical issues, repairing leaks etc.;
- Respond to guest requests in a courteous, efficient and safe manner which at times may require working with external contractors;
- Perform duties of the company’s preventative maintenance programs and necessary repairs to hotel guest rooms, public spaces and Kitchen equipment;
- Make regular internal and external rounds of property to ensure that everything is in working order, reporting any issues to the Chief Engineer;
- Monitor inventory of materials and equipment, ensuring communication with the Chief Engineer when supplies are needed;
- Report major repair needs to the Chief Engineer and/or General Manager;
- Maintain a clean and organized work area, ensuring maintenance of tools/equipment and log books are up to date;
- Actively participate in the hotel Health & Safety program, ensuring the hotel complies with all government regulations pertaining to building code requirements, health, fire and safety programs, including team member training.
- Respond to emergency situations including fire alarms, power failure etc;
- The role requires physically demanding work that includes using tools and equipment and moving around each day, including having to climb ladders, lifting heavy items and crawling in tight spaces when necessary;
- The role requires cooperating with and working in conjunction with other departments in the hotel;
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 2-5 years technical experience or equivalent in a recognized trade with a general understanding of building maintenance (electrical, plumbing, HVAC, painting, masonry and carpentry) and operations. Previous experience in a fast-paced hotel environment is an asset;
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Flexibility in working any shift as required, including evenings, weekends and holidays;
- Ability to work within a team environment and a passion to learn and grow in this role;
- Ability to prioritize and multitask;
- This position may require weekend, evening and holiday coverage;
- Respond to emergency after hours maintenance calls;
- Team player and self-starter with strong organizational skills;
- Strong problem solving, analytical, creative thinking and decision-making skills;
- Good computer and communication skills;
- Detail oriented with outstanding organizational skills;
- Can speak, read, write and understand English.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.