Coming off our successful grand opening year, The Guest Services Manager is an interactive and social role at The Anndore House. As the first point of contact for everyone who walks through our door, the Reception environment leads the way for a guest’s experience and provides the always-important first impression.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the daily operations of the reception team and department in our one of a kind, pretty incredible hotel.
The role includes working with the hotel team (also pretty incredible) to develop strategies and coordinate programs to enhance both guest and employee happiness, ensure product quality, develop revenue opportunities and ensure the hotel’s ongoing competitiveness in the market.
We’re looking for an energetic, outgoing people-person who enjoys creating environments that are welcoming to all guests and team members. We have a fun and friendly vibe and look forward to finding a like-minded candidate to join our fun and friendly team.
Well before The Anndore House was introduced as one of Toronto’s primo gathering hot spots, it was home to eccentric personalities and local celebs. Since relaunching our House, we’ve managed to fuse our quirky past with modern style. Those looking to exercise their creative animal need look no further, as The Anndore House willingly looks to share our passion for art and culture to kindred spirits.
Our goal, with your help is to provide a place where guests can hang with locals and immerse themselves in the neighborhood with vibrant, welcoming public spaces.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
- Reports directly to the General Manager.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the Reception team.
- Ensure all staff is properly trained on systems, security and cash handling procedures, and service standards and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
- Ensure guests receive prompt, professional attention and personal recognition. Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival. Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Implement appropriate service recovery gestures in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- Schedule the staff within budgeted guidelines and providing the best coverage for service demands. Assist in creating and implementing action plans to correct deficiencies.
- Assist in monitoring and controlling labor costs and expenses and achieving revenue and profitability goals.
- Assist in maintaining procedures for security of monies, credit and financial transactions, and guest security. Check billing instructions and guest credit for compliance with hotel credit policy
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Accounting, Revenue Management, Sales, Food and Beverage, Housekeeping, and Maintenance.
- May serve as “manager on duty” as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned including assisting staff with their job functions during peak periods.
- Highly interpersonal; comfortable engaging with all guests, visitors, vendors and team members.
- Knowledge of revenue management is an asset
- Prior hotel pre-opening experience is an asset
- 3-4 years of front office management experience in the hotel industry
- Excellent organizational skills
- Is recognized as a strong leader who can develop the skills of others
- Is respected as a coach and role model
- Thrives in a fast-paced high-pressure environment-maintaining composure and objectivity
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Excellent communication skills
- Is comfortable in multi-task environment
The Silver Hotel Group believes in outstanding hospitality and takes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We are committed to respecting the independence and dignity of all persons by providing a barrier-free environment for all guests, colleagues, and job applicants. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources representative at 416-860-5157.The Silver Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status or any other characteristics protected by law.